#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

One game! Whoopty Doo!

Championship with Gibbs 2.0 with the rosters we’ve had for the last 25 years right?

lol sure...

Hey look. Strawman being built again. 

@Woz and I said we'd be 3 games better this year. Not SB champs. That takes time. And it takes the willingness of the coaching staff to breathe a culture into the locker room. But if Gibbs stays on? I don't doubt we'd be in the playoffs quite a bit and to the NFCC game with a possible SB appearance (with a possible win). Same if we had had Belicheck these past 10 years. It's not necessarily the physical limitations of our players that is the problem. It's the mental part that is the problem. We are not preparing our players and are not good at situational football both on the field and on the sidelines.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

@Woz and I said we'd be 3 games better this year. Not SB champs. That takes time. And it takes the willingness of the coaching staff to breathe a culture into the locker room. But if Gibbs stays on? I don't doubt we'd be in the playoffs quite a bit and to the NFCC game with a possible SB appearance (with a possible win). Same if we had had Belicheck these past 10 years. It's not necessarily the physical limitations of our players that is the problem. It's the mental part that is the problem. We are not preparing our players and are not good at situational football both on the field and on the sidelines.

And steady keep guys like Foster over guys like Swearinger!!! Same way Turtle can find excuses, alot of players here are allowed to give excuses instead of being held accountable for their lake of effort and focus on winning a SuperBowl. 

43 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Situational football.......our struggles in the red zone and our struggles with two minute prevent offense at the end of games immediately come to mind.  We almost always give the football up for one last chance.  In the same way some are arguing that good coaching could've won us the Colts game, also remember Dakota nearly beat us at Fed Ex because we can't control the clock at the end of the game.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I was joking, and I’m not so sure bc our QB play until Green emerged the second half of 98 wasn’t good enough to win with and our D was never that great. We just didn’t have tge talent, which gets back to my original point against Mike 23’s point a few pages back. We haven’t had a Championship level team since we last won the super bowl.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Yes and no.  If you have McCoy, Josh Johnson and someone that we draft, that's a pretty good depth chart for next year.  

The problem is, you also have to commit heavily to the run.  You have to get a young, stud LG through the draft, because we can't spend through free agency.  We need a tight end or two who can block, and we need a fullback.  None of those QBs are going to win games throwing 400 yards, and you need to control the clock and pace of play to have a chance at winning.  

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yes and no.  If you have McCoy, Josh Johnson and someone that we draft, that's a pretty good depth chart for next year.  

Mmm, no, you really don't. You have a career backup, a career roster fluff, and a rookie.

It's an understandable level of talent if the plan is to sluff off 2019 and build for 2020 and 2021, but it's not a good chart.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2019 at 4:50 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

The problem is, you also have to commit heavily to the run.  You have to get a young, stud LG through the draft, because we can't spend through free agency.  We need a tight end or two who can block, and we need a fullback.  None of those QBs are going to win games throwing 400 yards, and you need to control the clock and pace of play to have a chance at winning.  

Championship.

As for TE, we have Sprinkle. So, say we cut VD or he retires, then, we draft a late round blocking TE or sign a vet min guy like a Paulsen type or just roll with Matt Flanagan as our 3rd TE - preferably that’s what I’d do. As for FB, JP Holtz is still on the roster as an HB/FB type and personally I’d like to try Perine out there - but I’m not sold he can do it bc he’s never been a FB - we could also re-sign Robert Kelley. Kelley played FB some in his college career and we’ve used him some there in formations when he was a rookie and we had Jones still in 2016.

I personally think Jay would go back to using a FB more than he does now, like he did with DY in 2014 - like his brother does - but, ever since we got Callahan we’ve gone with more two TEs on first down and short yardage rather than a FB/HB and an inline TE. It doesn’t look like Callahan is going to be fired or will leave, despite the rumors he and Jay don’t get along and his run scheme doesn’t mesh well with Jay’s passing scheme.

Callahan is a good OL coach but this run scheme he’s using sucks, Gruden needs to/needed to have the balls to fire him this past off-season or even two off-seasons ago after our 2015 and 2016 rushing attacks were so inconsistent compared to how Foresters zone scheme was under Shanahan and even Gruden in 2014 when we still used DY some on first downs and Morris went over 1000 yards for the 3rd straight season.

Edited by turtle28

On 2/6/2019 at 12:55 AM, Skins212689 said:

And steady keep guys like Foster over guys like Swearinger!!! Same way Turtle can find excuses, alot of players here are allowed to give excuses instead of being held accountable for their lake of effort and focus on winning a SuperBowl. 

You think Gibbs would’ve put up with Swearinger’s ish as long as Gruden did or Belichick?  Swearinger would’ve been cut after last season by them after he pulled the crap he did about this team two or three times last season!

Let’s not forget, Gibbs & Gregg Williamson chased out the second or third most talented defender this defense had had since Darrell Greenretired - Lavar Arrington - because he “freelanced too much” and played Warrick Hardman over him in 04 & 05 and then cut him. 

Belichick traded away the most talented DL he ever drafted in Richard Seymour. You think he would’ve kept Swearinger around If was talking ish about the rest of the team to the media acting like his ish don’t stink?

Think again

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You think Gibbs would’ve put up with Swearinger’s ish as long as Gruden did or Belichick?  Swearinger would’ve been cut after last season by them after he pulled the crap he did about this team two or three times last season!

Let’s not forget, Gibbs & Gregg Williamson chased out the second or third most talented defender this defense had had since Darrell Greenretired - Lavar Arrington - because he “freelanced too much” and played Warrick Hardman over him in 04 & 05 and then cut him. 

Belichick traded away the most talented DL he ever drafted in Richard Seymour. You think he would’ve kept Swearinger around If was talking ish about the rest of the team to the media acting like his ish don’t stink?

Think again

I don't care if Gibbs or Belichick would've or wouldn't have kept Sweariger, it still stands in my book he didn't deserve to get cut for speaking the truth and trying to get the best out of his teammates and the coaching staff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't care if Gibbs or Belichick would've or wouldn't have kept Sweariger, it still stands in my book he didn't deserve to get cut for speaking the truth and trying to get the best out of his teammates and the coaching staff. 

So you don't care that all other  coaches on every level would have done what Jay did and that was one of your points... Ok...

You can't call out everyone else and not take responsibility for your own crappy play and mistakes. It's an unwritten rule. Fans inflated Swearinger's play bc he was the best S we had since Landry, but that doesn't mean he was great or irreplaceable by one of our 3 young safeties were developing, a FA or a draft pick.

Edited by turtle28