#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

Just now, lavar703 said:

They can still give up on it and put Payne and Settle in the middle with Allen and Ioannidis on the outside. Allen and Ioannidis are explosive enough to where they could rush the passer in any style defense. 

I could work with that.

Allen - Payne - Settle - Ioannidis
?

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I think Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Kerrigan would be a better 4 man front.  

On talent alone, I agree. Unfortunately, due to his hearing issues, Kerrigan cannot really line up on the right side.

Just now, RSkinGM said:

what happens to the OLB's that can't cover. and/ but are good rushers ?

And this is why I say that Kerrigan kind of limits the scheme for the Redskins.

I suppose you could go:

Kerrigan - Ioannidis - Payne - Allen
OR
Kerrigan - Allen - Payne - Ioannidis

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

what happens to the OLB's that can't cover. and/ but are good rushers ?

They become rotational players to keep the rush coming and pressure on the QB. Settle would be a backup and I would put Allen and Payne as the DT's. Kerrigan replaces Allen at the DE spot and plays LDE while Iodannidis plays RDE. 

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

On talent alone, I agree. Unfortunately, due to his hearing issues, Kerrigan cannot really line up on the right side.

So that was brought up early in Kerrigan's career, but I've seen him rushing from the right side some this year.  

Edited by MKnight82

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

They become rotational players to keep the rush coming and pressure on the QB. Settle would be a backup and I would put Allen and Payne as the DT's. Kerrigan replaces Allen at the DE spot and plays LDE while Iodannidis plays RDE. 

I think Ioannidis is more effective inside.  He'd be a 4-3 DT not an end IMO.  I agree that Allen could play LE.  

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

So that was brought up early in Kerrigan's career, but I've seen him rushing from the right side some this year.  

If we can move him, then we should. I just think he's more comfortable rushing from the left.

26 minutes ago, Woz said:

I could work with that.

Allen - Payne - Settle - Ioannidis
?

Having no edge pass rushers just spells out disaster. If we go to a 4-3, Ioannidis is gone. Allen would be the 3-tech, Payne the NT. Settle backs up Payne and Brantley backs up Allen.

The LDE will be Kerrigan and we’ll have to draft or sign a reserve. At RDE we’d either have to re-sign Smith or draft & sign two guys to be our RDEs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Having no edge pass rushers just spells out disaster. If we go to a 4-3, Ioannidis is gone. Allen would be the 3-tech, Payne the NT. Settle backs up Payne and Brantley backs up Allen.

The LDE will be Kerrigan and we’ll have to draft or sign a reserve. At RDE we’d either have to re-sign Smith or draft & sign two guys to be our RDEs.

Ioannidis would play DT next to Payne. So you find another backup at DT. We have one in Settle. Finding pass rushers to fit a 4-3 scheme isn't that hard. Smith probably wouldn't like playing a backup role but if they could get him to resign to a reasonable deal you have Brantley and Smith as your 2 backup DE's.

Edited by Skins212689

One thing I hate is going back and forth with someone whose tryna make a point on something that isn't working. Hasn't the Deffense declined as the season progressed? Yes, but you dont want to change the scheme and want to run this same BS next year and expect something different. That's called Insanity!!!!