#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I don't care if the fire Bruce or not ! Just get his stinking butt out of player management . Promote Kyle Smith to G M before it's too late  . Now, what do we do with Doug Williams ?

The issue is that as long as Bruce is in the building, Dan is going to allow Bruce to have his hand in the cookie jar, just like when McCloughan was here. Until Bruce is totally gone - which I don't believe will happen until he decides to retire - he's going to be in control of the organization.

He's the extension of Dan, he's Dan's yes man.

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The issue is that as long as Bruce is in the building, Dan is going to allow Bruce to have his hand in the cookie jar, just like when McCloughan was here. Until Bruce is totally gone - which I don't believe will happen until he decides to retire - he's going to be in control of the organization.

He's the extension of Dan, he's Dan's yes man.

Yeah we’re screwed!!!! I mean the problem is this roster needs higher end talent!!! It’s not like you can look at this staff to maximize any player we select. But I agree if Bruce has access to Danny we are never going to build because he is going to undermine any move this staff makes.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah we’re screwed!!!! I mean the problem is this roster needs higher end talent!!! It’s not like you can look at this staff to maximize any player we select. But I agree if Bruce has access to Danny we are never going to build because he is going to undermine any move this staff makes.

So long as Bruce is in the building, there will be a fan rebellion.  

If Dan simply changes Bruce's title, the local pundits will slay him... we all know (well some will fall for it) that will be meaningless. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

its amazing no moves have been made yet.

I’d say it amazes me but it really doesn’t!!! That said if nothing happens within a week or two after the playoffs it isn’t going too. That said I’m not getting my hopes up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mar29020 said:

its amazing no moves have been made yet.

It's not amazing that no moves have been made, its a status quo organization just like it was with Cerrato for most of last decade. Dan hires a ”yes man” who doesn't know what the eff he's doing but he does what Dan wants and takes the heat off of Dan for being a crappy owner and then, Dan is satisfied.

I forget who said it before but the poster who said that Dan only cares about making his own money and doesn't really care about winning or the fans was right!

If Dan cared more about winning, he would’ve kept Casserly - who had built a winning team in 99 - he would have kept Schottenheimer past 01 and he would have kept McCloughan more than just two years to see if he could build us into a winning team in 4 or 5 years, and NOT just 2.

Edited by turtle28

I've told you guys for the past month no moves will be made.  Who wants to come in and replace coaches for a head coach on the hot seat, who could very well be fired next year?  That's one of the reasons we got Manusky, no other person wanted the job due to Gruden's job security and his little part in Wade Phillips' book.  Any coach they hire for those they fire are going to be downgrades because they've got nothing else going for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I've told you guys for the past month no moves will be made.  Who wants to come in and replace coaches for a head coach on the hot seat, who could very well be fired next year?  That's one of the reasons we got Manusky, no other person wanted the job due to Gruden's job security and his little part in Wade Phillips' book.  Any coach they hire for those they fire are going to be downgrades because they've got nothing else going for them. 

Actually have to disagree on the defensive coordinator job. We chose Manusky over Mike Pettine and other guys like Ken Norton, we could've hired Mike Pettine or Ken Norton a few years ago but we chose Manusky.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Actually have to disagree on the defensive coordinator job. We chose Manusky over Mike Pettine and other guys like Ken Norton, we could've hired Mike Pettine or Ken Norton a few years ago but we chose Manusky.

Do any of them inspire confidence, like Gus Bradley, who was a hot coordinator after getting fired as Jags DC?  We chose the crony hire who was from the TB coaching tree, but arguably better than Pettine- who was out of football for three seasons until the Packers hired him as DC for this past season- or Norton, who was fired mid-season from the Raiders.  Either way, none of the three were top candidates.  

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Do any of them inspire confidence, like Gus Bradley, who was a hot coordinator after getting fired as Jags DC?  We chose the crony hire who was from the TB coaching tree, but arguably better than Pettine- who was out of football for three seasons until the Packers hired him as DC for this past season- or Norton, who was fired mid-season from the Raiders.  Either way, none of the three were top candidates.  

Pettine has always been a good DC, Norton got neutered by Jon Gruden who stupidity traded away one of the best pass rushers in the NFL who will probably win Defensive Player of the Year and he cut Bruce Irvin, their best pass rusher and LB after they moved Khalil Mack.

You can't win in the NFL w/o talent.

Also, you said in your post that NOONE else wanted the job but Manusky, and that's just not true. We did have other options and chose Manusky.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Pettine has always been a good DC, Norton got neutered by Jon Gruden who stupidity traded away one of the best pass rushers in the NFL who will probably win Defensive Player of the Year and he cut Bruce Irvin, their best pass rusher and LB after they moved Khalil Mack.

You can't win in the NFL w/o talent.

Norton got fired by Del Rio last year after their blowout loss to the Patriots.

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Norton got fired by Del Rio last year after their blowout loss to the Patriots.

Fair enough, I still say he's a good coach. Most of the time players make the coaches look like geniuses, not the other way around. If you don't have much talent - see Raiders D the last 3 plus seasons - your not going to do well as a coach.

When those at the top simply dont care about the product. It does make me feel foolish for trying to care. It seems ridiculous that I would.

Worked on/around ships and boats all my life. And always though with, "Captain must go down with the ship." Im like, "If Im the Captain with that authority, Im using that authority and being the first one on the lifeboat." But obviously Im wrong about myself. Cause Im here like an idiot, sinking and still rowing.

Bdlc.gif

• Like 2

Not sure what everyone expected...the classic Redskins news dump on Friday. 

Truth is that Dan thinks Bruce is the key to a new stadium. It’s all Dan cares about. It is what it is.

If you think it’s bad, it’s just gonna get uglier... and don’t be surprised next year when the built in scapegoat in Gruden will be dragged and let go.