#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

@Woz you may also want to add to that list that someone asked who was involved in the trade for Alex Smith, and he said everyone sat down in the off-season and discussed who they wanted (front office, offensive coaches and Manusky) and it was unanimous that they wanted to go after Alex Smith. 

OMG that is a blatant lie!  When the trade happened Doug Williams was interviewed and talked about how Bruce called him the night before the trade was announced and told him to come into the office the next day for big surprise.  The trade was ALL Bruce Allen.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

OMG that is a blatant lie!  When the trade happened Doug Williams was interviewed and talked about how Bruce called him the night before the trade was announced and told him to come into the office the next day for big surprise.  The trade was ALL Bruce Allen.  

I'm just saying what he said. 

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes Bruce Allen pulled off the trade but the article alludes that Gruden & the FO rated Alex Smith highly and were targeting him. This wasn't a random act by Bruce Allen. Gruden's not taking any blame for the Smith trade but he should be.

In terms of chain of command, behind Danny and the board sits Bruce Allen. He oversees all of the football operations at Redskins park for the Washington Redskins organization up until last week, when he got promoted to President of everything. 

Bruce is responsible for all moves made within this organization. He has the complete authority to do so. I am sure Gruden gave his opinion about who he wanted, but frankly, I dont believe that Alex was on that list. I think it was a way to put a bandaid on a stab wound. Slowly stops the bleeding in hopes that they could get into the playoffs and survive the signing and the blatant mishandling of Kirk Cousins. 

Regardless of anything Jay admits to or not, BRUCE is the blame for everything.  He has final say on all football operations and therefore he is the one to credit with this disaster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

In terms of chain of command, behind Danny and the board sits Bruce Allen. He oversees all of the football operations at Redskins park for the Washington Redskins organization up until last week, when he got promoted to President of everything. 

Bruce is responsible for all moves made within this organization. He has the complete authority to do so. I am sure Gruden gave his opinion about who he wanted, but frankly, I dont believe that Alex was on that list. I think it was a way to put a bandaid on a stab wound. Slowly stops the bleeding in hopes that they could get into the playoffs and survive the signing and the blatant mishandling of Kirk Cousins. 

Regardless of anything Jay admits to or not, BRUCE is the blame for everything.  He has final say on all football operations and therefore he is the one to credit with this disaster. 

You mean re-promoted to head business operations.  I just think we need to make that clear.  Snyder spent 18 months pursuing some other guy, takes power away from Allen and then he gets it back not even a year later.  

I also agree with your assessment of it being a bandaid on a stab wound.  He's only thinking right in front of his face and admitted it yesterday in the press conference- "we've been a game or two out of the playoffs the past three seasons."  At this point, the fans don't want just the playoffs, we want a functional organization that can get us there every season and not have all of this off-field drama.  

It seems that Snyder and Allen can't live without it, and it will be the downfall of our team.  Everyone's desire to care is getting less and less every season. 

• Like 2

Oh come on, power was never taken away from Allen. He’s the one who fired LaFamina lol. I’m starting to wonder if Dan sold Bruce a small portion of the team and this is really what the deal is. Of course it would be a very small percentage or potentially gave it to him to take the job when he originally came aboard. I can’t think of any other reason why he would stay when his record as President has been so bad...

40 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oh come on, power was never taken away from Allen. He’s the one who fired LaFamina lol. I’m starting to wonder if Dan sold Bruce a small portion of the team and this is really what the deal is. Of course it would be a very small percentage or potentially gave it to him to take the job when he originally came aboard. I can’t think of any other reason why he would stay when his record as President has been so bad...

https://www.redskins.com/news/redskins-name-brian-lafemina-as-president-of-business-operations-and-chief-opera

Snyder's own PR tool said that Lafemina was to report directly to Snyder.  Some people were even reporting Allen could be on the way out before the dramatic about-face the Redskins did at the end of the year.  

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

https://www.redskins.com/news/redskins-name-brian-lafemina-as-president-of-business-operations-and-chief-opera

Snyder's own PR tool said that Lafemina was to report directly to Snyder.  Some people were even reporting Allen could be on the way out before the dramatic about-face the Redskins did at the end of the year.  

And he got a promotion. Believe what you want, Bruce fired him and his crew. He did the same thing to McCloughan. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And he got a promotion. Believe what you want, Bruce fired him and his crew. He did the same thing to McCloughan. 

More than likely it was Bruce's recommendation to fire him to Snyder, and apparently, Snyder can't say no to an Allen. 

The PR the Redskins were getting early in the season and the marketing campaigns were all Lafemina, and Bruce just cannot handle other people getting credit. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I know, they heard that Lafemina was going to quit (probably from the guy who was able to re-sign) and they went ahead and fired them because Snyder and Allen have to control the narrative......even though the #FireBruceAllen hashtag means we see right through it.