#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

He's a genius.

NFL Media's Ian Rapoport reports the Redskins plan to trade holdout LT Trent Williams this offseason.

Washington knew Williams was not going to play for them, but they shut down trade talks for months before finally listening to calls right before today's trade deadline. There were discussions of Washington receiving a second-round pick for Williams, but they believe they'll get more assets this offseason. Of course, the Redskins could've just dealt him before the 2019 season began if they believed the offseason is the best time for trades, but bad teams stay bad. NBC Sports' JP Finlay reported earlier than Williams has "no intention" of playing this season despite reporting to team facilities this afternoon.

Oct 29, 2019, 7:32 PM ET

• Like 2

So Craig Hoffman was on the local radio this morning.  He said he heard no one offered a first for Trent.  They shopped Josh Norman but didn’t get a single offer.  They had phone calls for Adrian Peterson but for whatever reason refused to trade him.  He heard we probably would have only gotten a 7th but still.  We also got calls on Kerrigan but refused any offers on him.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

So Craig Hoffman was on the local radio this morning.  He said he heard no one offered a first for Trent.  They shopped Josh Norman but didn’t get a single offer.  They had phone calls for Adrian Peterson but for whatever reason refused to trade him.  He heard we probably would have only gotten a 7th but still.  We also got calls on Kerrigan but refused any offers on him.  

The Browns weren’t going to give up their first after they realized how high it was going to be. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

The Browns weren’t going to give up their first after they realized how high it was going to be. 

Well also everyone was sick of how obnoxious the Redskins have been throughout this whole process and weren’t going to do a big deal like that with 24 hours notice.

If anyone has seen the Seinfeld episode where Elaine receives a wedding invite to a destination wedding a less than a week before the wedding.  They called it an UNvitation, joking that the bride really had no interest in them showing up but sent the invite late because they felt obligated too, but figured there was no way they could show up with that late of notice.  That is what Bruce just did.  He had no intention of trading Trent, but he felt pressure from the media (and probably the NFLPA) to make it look like he was trying.

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm all about the swaps anyway. I like it. Take their 2nd. Swap their 3rd for our 4th. Their 4th for our 5th. You gain, what?, 20 picks on those? I would have been fine with that. 

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

When everyone realizes Bruce is coming back next year and he’s picking the headcoach this place is going to be emptier than FedEx Field. 

Nah, we may actually pick up new posters they can come in an itch about Brice too like the rest of us!

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm all about the swaps anyway. I like it. Take their 2nd. Swap their 3rd for our 4th. Their 4th for our 5th. You gain, what?, 20 picks on those? I would have been fine with that. 

I wanted Njoku. I’d had taken Njoku a 3rd and a 5th.

If Bruce Allen isn't fired after this debacle, I don't know what will.

Bruce better PRAY he lands a 2nd Rd pick at worst, or the fans, media, fellow GM's, etc. Are gonna have a field day with him.

That's assuming he ever actually trades Trent.

It's going to be very difficult for me, to get excited next season till Bruce Allen is gone. 

I'm pretty fed up!

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

If Bruce Allen isn't fired after this debacle, I don't know what will.

Bruce better PRAY he lands a 2nd Rd pick at worst, or the fans, media, fellow GM's, etc. Are gonna have a field day with him.

That's assuming he ever actually trades Trent.

It's going to be very difficult for me, to get excited next season till Bruce Allen is gone. 

I'm pretty fed up!

I have to hope Dan is feeling the way he felt about it Vinny in 2009 but I won’t believe Brice is gone until I see it. I just won’t, I’ll never actually predict Brice will be fired.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I have to hope Dan is feeling the way he felt about it Vinny in 2009 but I won’t believe Brice is gone until I see it. I just won’t, I’ll never actually predict Brice will be fired.

I've seen some bad GM's before...

Matt Millen is one of the worst.

But he's a genius, compared to Bruce.

It's sad, but I think I would rather have Snyderatto over Bruce.