Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m starting to feel like this Josh Rosen thing is actually going to happen. Sigh. 

This I will wait and see on. If we gave up our 2nd, rather than use our first on Jones, Lock, etc. isn't that better? Rosen is higher rated than them?

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This I will wait and see on. If we gave up our 2nd, rather than use our first on Jones, Lock, etc. isn't that better? Rosen is higher rated than them?

Personally I’d rather have Rosen than any QB early in this draft.  

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Personally I’d rather have Rosen than any QB early in this draft.  

Rosen is the much better physical prospect and has a year of experience. My sense is he’s a bit of a flake and a cocky flake at that. Joey T was that way early in his career with Sonny and Billy and was the reason Donny and billy became friends- the enemy of enemy is my friend lol 

the redskins “fixed” him to a degree putting him as a punt returner having him be Billy and Sonny’s liquor butler etc.. and we see that Joey T was a winner. 

I like Rosen and think he will be very successful with our next coaching staff. :)

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree. And we can still draft someone later too to develop.

But don’t force getting one this year- next year may be the better year for a developmental guy because this year the QB’s will be over drafted because there aren’t many solid prospects. This year’s draft seems strong  and deep at DL, edge rushers, Ilb TE and WR. Use a total portfolio approach to acquiring and moving on from players. 

Not much happening not that combine is over until the draft so here’s some reading I’d hope the Redskins would undertake- my sense Bruce and Jay aren’t big readers other than what they read above the restaurant urnial 

ozhqqnrk7el01.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24445965/player-tracking-data-next-step-nfl-analytics-revolution

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/9/5/17686664/how-edjsports-and-the-football-analytics-movement-are-changing-the-nfl-one-decision-at-a-time

And hire this guy now as our next GM

https://www.geekwire.com/2016/nfl-lineman-mit-math-student-john-urschel-football-analytics-marrying-robot/

And I’d love us to have a running game and a coach with a sack to stop punting so much on fourth down - see below

viewcontent.cgi?article=1002&context=eng

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If the can somehow pull off a Landon Collins, Devon White, Josh Rosen off-season then even I would have to give them props. That would be crazy. 

I don’t see how Devin White makes it out of the top 10.

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If the can somehow pull off a Landon Collins, Devon White, Josh Rosen off-season then even I would have to give them props. That would be crazy. 

Don't have the cap space for Collins (and I'm not sure we want to spend heavily on a pure in-the-box safety who cannot cover), will likely be out of position for White (and don't want to trade up for him), but maybe could end up with Rosen (at what price, I don't know).

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

Don't have the cap space for Collins (and I'm not sure we want to spend heavily on a pure in-the-box safety who cannot cover), will likely be out of position for White (and don't want to trade up for him), but maybe could end up with Rosen (at what price, I don't know).

They’re going to create cap space Woz. You and I both know that. 

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Unless they do restructures (which just pushes money into future years, and honestly Brice hasn’t really done), anyone other than cutting McGee for cap space is going to create holes.

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yes, but to turn around and basically blow that on Collins? That's not a very smart move ... which is why I'm not going to be surprised if they do it.

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I haven't really been following, but what are the rumors / smoke around Rosen? If you get him for anything less than a first, that's a bargain IMO.

Supposedly, Washington is leading in the clubhouse in terms of interest. Depending on who you ask, it will cost a first (maybe with something coming back) down to a third.

Archived