Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823435-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-combine-predictions 

Latest BR mock has the redskins taking TE Hockenson out of Iowa.  Honestly if he’s there at 15 I don’t think that would be a bad pick.

Three thoughts:

1. If it lines up that way, I would definitely investigate what it would cost to jump up to 11 to snag Devin White.
  2. Kind of surprised went Hockenson over Fant, who performed better at the combine. Is there something to the tape as to why TJ over Noah that I'm not aware of (pre-Combine mocks all had Fant higher, as I recall)?
  3. I wonder if Greedy Williams would be a better choice than either of the TEs.

48 minutes ago, Woz said:

Three thoughts:

1. If it lines up that way, I would definitely investigate what it would cost to jump up to 11 to snag Devin White.
  2. Kind of surprised went Hockenson over Fant, who performed better at the combine. Is there something to the tape as to why TJ over Noah that I'm not aware of (pre-Combine mocks all had Fant higher, as I recall)?

Hockenson is both a receiving threat and probably the best blocking TE in the draft 

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Three thoughts:

Fant is rumored to have maturity issues/didn't interview well.

5 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Fant is rumored to have maturity issues/didn't interview well.

So did Derrius Guice. The interview thing is getting out of hand now. Players draft stock have been tanked based off of stuff like this and a lot of times it ends up being crap. 

47 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So did Derrius Guice. The interview thing is getting out of hand now. Players draft stock have been tanked based off of stuff like this and a lot of times it ends up being crap. 

As I said, the interview process is the single most important part of the Combine (close second is the medical checks). Unfortunately for us fans, it's a completely opaque process that only gets dribbles of information out, including potentially derogatory information to deflate someone's value.

5 hours ago, Woz said:

Three thoughts:

#3. That is what I was looking at when seeing this mock. No doubt I would take Greedy over a TE. This would allow us to move on from Norman the season after and give us a lockdown corner for seasons to come. Which I would prefer over a play making tight end.

I'll be extremely disappointed if we take a TE in round 1 over every other position except 3-4 DE & OT. I want nothing to do with drafting a TE early in the draft given our deficiencies in some many other spots on the roster.

I'm starting to think we need to pick a R B somewhere rounds 2 or 3 . I'm not at all convinced Guice will be anywhere near what he was. He had 4 or 5 surgeries on that knee. The initial repair and 3 or more others for infections.. I really hope A D / A P isn't brought back. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm starting to think we need to pick a R B somewhere rounds 2 or 3 . I'm not at all convinced Guice will be anywhere near what he was. He had 4 or 5 surgeries on that knee. The initial repair and 3 or more others for infections.. I really hope A D / A P isn't brought back. 

I agree. I like Miles Sanders/Penn St. Saquons back up who didn’t get a chance to play but looks very good. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

This running back draft class kind of sucks though. Our offense needs weapons and the draft is loaded at WR. I'd much rather go that direction. I do like Mike Weber in the 2nd and Justice Hill in the 4th Round.

24 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I can understand maybe making a play for a RB, but in Day 3 only. If they had their fourth round pick, I could maybe see taking a RB with 3.32(*) (96th overall). However, since they don't and thus don't pick again until 5.15 (153rd overall), that doesn't make any sense to spend at a position they nominally have guys at of equivalent value to that late round pick.

(*) The Giants used their 3rd in the 2018 Supplemental draft so there are only 31 natural picks in the third round, hence Washington has the 32nd.

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Between Harris, Hill and Weber. Id be down for using a 2nd or 3rd on one. If we stuck with BPA for first 3 picks. I could easily see it happening because theres not much hype to the rbs this year. 2 of the 3 could be there by our natural 3rd.

I can see the need to bring in a fast back to eventually take over for Chris Thompson but I don’t think this is the year. There’s too many holes to fill and with Guice,AP and Thompson they should be ok there, assuming health. If there’s a guy in the later rounds that can also return kicks that could work

16 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Between Harris, Hill and Weber. Id be down for using a 2nd or 3rd on one. If we stuck with BPA for first 3 picks. I could easily see it happening because theres not much hype to the rbs this year. 2 of the 3 could be there by our natural 3rd.

A RB over the possibility of an ILB like Devin Bush or Mack Wilson? Or instead of a decent corner or safety?

Cannot say I'm all that interested.

Archived