...just maybe...

navysaintsfan

5 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Peat + 2nd + 2nd

That gives them a young offensive lineman who can help protect their young quarterback and two solid picks. What do you guys think?

I think Peat + 2019 2nd and 4th is better. Peat, Smith, Bell, they can have their pick of our young talent

23 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Peterson would be nice.  May even be the piece we need to get over the hump on defense.  How much future are we willing to sell to win now?  We're already out of a first next year.

I already said I’m all in. We can take the next draft off as far as I’m concerned. 

This is not a drill. This “win now” mode isn’t like the other times we’ve seen it. This is the real deal.

14 minutes ago, Dome said:

I already said I’m all in. We can take the next draft off as far as I’m concerned. 

This is not a drill. This “win now” mode isn’t like the other times we’ve seen it. This is the real deal.

I agree.  I've been in win now mode for a while, and it's all finally got a chance of coming together.  We need to sell out.  Worst case scenario it fails, and we battle for a few number 1 picks after Brees retires.  So?  Nothing we haven't seen before.

On 10/10/2018 at 8:24 AM, navysaintsfan said:

OK, I'm in the camp of not trading away pieces or picks right now for splash moves. But...

What if we made a move on Patrick Peterson who apparently wants out of Arizona right now? On NFL Network Deion was asked who he thinks should make a trade for him. His only answer was New Orleans. Lattimore and Peterson? Let that sink in.

Honestly if were all in this year whats the difference? We've already punted on the 2019 NFL draft and I can see why because outside of the top 6 picks its a really weak class. 

With Peterson actually mentioning the Saints as his desired destination and him being a great character guy, YES I would at least try to put a package together for him.

Does next years 2nd, 4th and Ken Crawley get the job done? Maybe throw in Trey Hendrickson as a sweetner? Not sure but at least its worth a shot.

3 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Honestly if were all in this year whats the difference? We've already punted on the 2019 NFL draft and I can see why because outside of the top 6 picks its a really weak class. 

With Peterson actually mentioning the Saints as his desired destination and him being a great character guy, YES I would at least try to put a package together for him.

Does next years 2nd, 4th and Ken Crawley get the job done? Maybe throw in Trey Hendrickson as a sweetner? Not sure but at least its worth a shot.

I'll be honest, I'd almost say do a 2nd and 2020's 1st...  QBOTF who?  This is a straight up let's win the Super Bowl this year move.  We can figure out QB after Brees retires if it gives us 2 legit chances at a Super Bowl.

Also I almost think that 2 2nds might be right value for him.  Earl Thomas was only being shopped for a 2nd round pick before his injury and he was easily the same caliber of player.

How much better does Peterson make the Saints? We would still be in the hands of Allen and his "modified zone".

We all know the rules really favor offenses and as has been shown, defenses aren't getting any help from the league. 

Would a legit TE make more sense?

Sell them the draft plus one of our players to replace, but sweeten the pot. I want Fitzgerald with all that, too. He's a win now guy, and will likely retire at the end of the year.

Arizona already said they're not trading Peterson, so I think this is all for not, but it's fun to speculate.

9 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Sell them the draft plus one of our players to replace, but sweeten the pot. I want Fitzgerald with all that, too. He's a win now guy, and will likely retire at the end of the year.

Arizona already said they're not trading Peterson, so I think this is all for not, but it's fun to speculate.

We hear that players aren't on the block all the time only to see them eventually get traded.  Part of the "I'm not trading player X" is a ruse to try and get teams to up their offers.  I don't think Peterson is off the table, but they aren't going to just give him away because he's unhappy.

Maybe what we really need is to replace Aaron Glenn, our secondaries coach. You can't tell me that our D-backs are this dumb on a perennial basis.

Lattimore is smart, and he got his skill from his former coach at Ohio State, Kerry Coombs, who is now at the Titans. In Lattimore's 2nd year, we've seen him slide a bit. I can't help but to think a new face back there could brighten things up. Perhaps a lot.

3 hours ago, Raves said:

I'll be honest, I'd almost say do a 2nd and 2020's 1st...  QBOTF who?  This is a straight up let's win the Super Bowl this year move.  We can figure out QB after Brees retires if it gives us 2 legit chances at a Super Bowl.

Also I almost think that 2 2nds might be right value for him.  Earl Thomas was only being shopped for a 2nd round pick before his injury and he was easily the same caliber of player.

I dont think we should get soley focused on Peterson either... Dont get me wrong, Peterson and Lattimore would be a dream and YES the Sainta HAVE been in the market for a corner over the last couple weeks but rumor is that Denver might move off of either Chris Harris Jr. Or Bradley Roby by the deadline. Any of those 3 would offer the Saints a huge upgrade over Ken Crawley.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

We hear that players aren't on the block all the time only to see them eventually get traded.  

All the time? I could maybe think of a time or two it’s happened if I sat down and tried.  

Gimme a handful of examples. I’m whiffing.

Archived