#GDT - #1 Jags Defense vs. #8 Cowboys Defense

DaBoys

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Here is a question since defensive rankings are usually based on stats and Dallas was number eight, with their outstanding defensive victory over Jacksonville can Dallas possibly rated number one now on D?

Well. Baltimore is ahead of us and they pitched a overwhelming shut out Ten I think reached past mid field once while game and that ended with back to back sacks

I must say it was nice to have a comfortable win for a change but the Jags really made our life easy. And it was interesting to see Smith versus M Jack   I am starting to see Smith play like he did when I watched him at ND  next step he was a turnover machine at ND so ......

there still is room for improvement until the final few drives Dak was leading the team in rushing yards not a good stat.  We did run the ball much better on 3rd short.   I though think we need to se more from Hurns.  When we play teams that know us Beasley won’t have so much space and we will need Hurns to get open in that 7-15!yard range so we can convert those 3-5 he is the one reciever I trust to make a contested catch in traffic that you need some times to move the chains.    And MORE Gathers in two tight end sets really helps us in rush contain and slowing down the pursuit and he can be deadly in catching balls after the release large athletic target

I also am worried how we deal with the blitz saw zero this game so that will need work.   

Finally DLaw get well soon I was critical of you last game and you didn’t do much this game either but occupy which in itself is valuable but I understand your dealing with a nagging injury

6 hours ago, quiller said:

I must say it was nice to have a comfortable win for a change but the Jags really made our life easy. And it was interesting to see Smith versus M Jack   I am starting to see Smith play like he did when I watched him at ND  next step he was a turnover machine at ND so ......

there still is room for improvement until the final few drives Dak was leading the team in rushing yards not a good stat.  We did run the ball much better on 3rd short.   I though think we need to se more from Hurns.  When we play teams that know us Beasley won’t have so much space and we will need Hurns to get open in that 7-15!yard range so we can convert those 3-5 he is the one reciever I trust to make a contested catch in traffic that you need some times to move the chains.    And MORE Gathers in two tight end sets really helps us in rush contain and slowing down the pursuit and he can be deadly in catching balls after the release large athletic target

I also am worried how we deal with the blitz saw zero this game so that will need work.   

Finally DLaw get well soon I was critical of you last game and you didn’t do much this game either but occupy which in itself is valuable but I understand your dealing with a nagging injury

Is he?? what is it?

Blessing in disguise perhaps he will less impact and therefor less contract demand?

42 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Yep. Good job. You went for it game well within hand. 

giphy.gif

Just to play devils advocate: 

The Texans game we showed we werent capable of short yardage conversions just the play before. So he didnt have faith in his team. He, most likely, told the team "you want me to go for it, you have to prove it to me. Next game, 4th and 1 we take that shot. Show me I can trust you"

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just to play devils advocate: 

The Texans game we showed we werent capable of short yardage conversions just the play before. So he didnt have faith in his team. He, most likely, told the team "you want me to go for it, you have to prove it to me. Next game, 4th and 1 we take that shot. Show me I can trust you"

Did we? It was 3rd and 1, we were in shotgun with our OL in pass set, and we run a read option like draw play that yes, got stuffed. But we didn't try to convert a short with a heavy set.

Archived