Raiders vs Seahawks England Game. Why Didn't they give the ball to Lynch!

Humble_Beast

19 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Did Conley really play 0 snaps today? If so, wtf. What is there to gain from playing DRC & Hall & Melvin? None of them will be back next year, and I like all of those 3 to varying degrees. Just makes no sense

Tank.

Olson has been ok as offensive coordinator this year but I hope Redsksins fire Jay Gruden and we hire him. Jay can make almost any QB look good and truly is an offensive genius. Probably more so than Jon these days. Imagine Jon, Jay, and Paul. All star coach team right there.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Olson has been ok as offensive coordinator this year but I hope Redsksins fire Jay Gruden and we hire him. Jay can make almost any QB look good and truly is an offensive genius. Probably more so than Jon these days. Imagine Jon, Jay, and Paul. All star coach team right there.

Except that they all suck at coaching and rarely finish over .500

5 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

Except that they all suck at coaching and rarely finish over .500

Ehhh Gruden took a decade long terrible Raider team and made them SB contenders. Went to Tampa Bay and installed his offense with that championship defense and won the SB. I feel like his later years his heart wasn't in it anymore, but he still went 9-7 his final year.

Jay Gruden has never had much to work with in Washington. Dan Snyder misses almost as many draft picks as Al Davis.

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Did Conley really play 0 snaps today? If so, wtf. What is there to gain from playing DRC & Hall & Melvin? None of them will be back next year, and I like all of those 3 to varying degrees. Just makes no sense

I understand the tank job if you believe the team does not have the talent but if it is to get rid of RM's guys then Mark needs to sit Gruden down and have a little talk.  There is no reason to try and get rid of Conley.  If we are tanking then we should be playing all the young guys and see who is capable or at least raise the trade value for some of them.

5 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

and go from there into the offseason with a ton of draft picks, cap space, and uncertainty.

Aka: same crap.

We suck at drafting. For all Reggie's "cap genius" talk that goes on here, what has that gotten us to? Gruden is ruining this team. We spent years working contacts to have space to lock up Carr and Mack and possibly Cooper. We avoided bringing in talent. And now we have no Mack, our likely best safety is up for trade, Cooper is up for trade, and we've allowed Carr to get murdered. 

I feel bad for Carr. He had a really good season in which he willed us to victories. And he's been stuck doing that with regressing talent since. Is he making a ton of mistakes? Absolutely. But when we're almost always playing from behind, and now in Gruden's quirky scheme, I can't fault the guy too much. Our talent around him is a joke. No QB in the league could make this group look half decent under the same circumstances. We can say he plays timid. But a gunslinger would just toss more picks and take more sacks. We can play the "Cooper is open" game, but let's face it, he's also Devery Henderson when it comes to showing up. I've seen him make far too many drops/lack of elite wr effort to put full onus on Carr. I wouldn't trust Cooper to make the play at this point either. Nelson isn't that guy. Bryant isn't. Seth...moving on. Our Oline is bad, so forget running it. Even on Lynch's best days, he's getting hit in the backfield more often than not.

And our offensive shortcomings are getting extra attention because our  defense isn't capable of stopping an LFL offense. Look at the opener- the D played well, offense started cooking. But we have zero depth, zero consistency there. 

So yes, we'll have a ton of picks and cap space. But we won't have uncertainty. We'll continue to purge talent and fill holes with AFL replacement talent and talk about how "in 2 years, our cap space will be so great" that we give up our talented players to make more space to plan for 2 years after that. Just like we've been doing.

On 10/14/2018 at 12:30 PM, G said:

Turned off the game at start of 4th quarter and won't be watch any NFL games til next weekend. NFL has gotten rid of double headers and watching these oversees games has pissed me off but now I'm done. I gave up eating pizza while watching games a few years ago and it's time to move on from watching games. I salute you with my middle finger and hope you blame it all on the kneeling. Instead of your incompetnce and greed. Hopefully the players union takes you out back to the woodshead just before TV contracts come up.

Wow that was easier than I thought. Was so pissed that sunday was easy to not watch. Black Sails felt more like the Raiders of old instead of watching old raiders. MNF was easy because I WAS STILL PISSED!!! TNF I thought would have gotten me and I thought about getting a pizza for nostalgia (LOL) but I just got drunk and mowed 5 acres with the drive mower. The field looks great even if the team doesn't. Lynch out with groin, Melvin calling out coaching decisions in the media and Irvin just being Irvin. Better get your popcorn ready because it's going to get worse IMO..

Archived