Is Jason Garrett the new Rasputin of coaches?

CKS97

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I believe the current Rasputin Head Coach Power Rankings go:

1. Marvin Lewis
  2. Jason Garrett

Marvin Lewis took over the #1 spot from John Fox, who took over the crown from the legend Jeff Fisher...

No. Marvin Lewis has them beat. John Fox made the Super Bowl with multiple teams. Had opportunities based on success. Jeff Fisher also made the Super Bowl but was very much in the same boat Jason Garrett is now.

Marvin Lewis is the king.

1507043_796620993684887_818221477_n.jpg?

I've had ^^^^ as my background on my facebook since 2013.  The game at home,  against GB in 2013 (Rodgers was injured) was the pinnacle of what Jason Garrett is and will forever be.   After a comfortable 3-score lead going into the half, over Matt Friggin' Flynn,  Garrett (who was calling plays...even though Jones' took those duties away earlier in the season) decides that now's a time to start lobbing the ball in the air instead of sticking with the run that got us that lead.  Play safe offense/defense and start chewing up the clock? Nope.  We let Matt Flynn look like a pro-bowler.  It was even worse than the loss the week earlier (McCown-led Bears trounced our defense).

Garrett. A boneheaded, gutless, loser that'll throw anyone under the bus to save his own butt.    I don't think sacrificing Linehan will be enough. 

I think Little baby Stephen Jones is gonna tugg on Daddy's slacks and say "Daddy...he's gots to go".

th?id=OIP.3BpwREl-0aJ38kBpqMQKLgHaE_

On 10/11/2018 at 1:47 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

He's a yes-man for Jerry. He's aboard the safest seat in the league. Jerry is an imperialistic, narcissistic cretin who has NO idea about football, but a lot of ideas about keeping those who massage his ego around. 

No he is not. He has pulled more power away from Jones than any coach since Johnson. 

On 10/11/2018 at 2:08 PM, ///mcompact said:

Garrett should've been gone after 2013.  We've been running his vanilla, predictable offense since 2007.   Coach Vance Joseph said it best last year when facing Dallas  "They're easy to scout and hard to beat" .

Its really sad when Cowboys fans dont even know the offense we run. Maybe attempt to learn about a subject before you write paragraphs of false information. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I bet if you use context clues you could figure it out. But it was the yes man comment. 

Ah, context. Like if you had an egotistical owner who keeps a coach around who has achieved nothing and continues to show ineptitude, one might deduce that the coach is a bit of a favorite for the owner? I can't see many other reasons why a Garrett is kept around after proving so little. Give me some examples? 

10 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ah, context. Like if you had an egotistical owner who keeps a coach around who has achieved nothing and continues to show ineptitude, one might deduce that the coach is a bit of a favorite for the owner? I can't see many other reasons why a Garrett is kept around after proving so little. Give me some examples? 

Garrett has been in the the running for coach of the year and/or won it 2 out of the last 4 years. He took one of the most poorly constructed teams (from a cap/depth/draft perspective) and turned it around completely. He took a really old/injured team to one of the best records in the NFL... Then gutted it and took the youngest team in the NFL to the best record in the NFL. Under this new regime of Jason, Stephen and Will we have drafted and developed more all pros than any team in the NFL. 

His downfall will be his reluctance to just straight fire Scott Linehan. But as a HC for the Cowboys, he has done a lot for us.

And PS - Jerry hasnt made the day to day decisions for like 5 years. And for the ignorant Cowboys fan, we havent run Garretts offense since 2014. 

I don't think Garrett is a bad coach at all.  Jerry has made like two smart decisions in the draft in the past 7 years. 

WR, ILB, IOL and TE are the four least important positions in football outside of special teams (K,P). 

Since 2010, Jones has drafted NINE of those positions in the first two rounds.  That's 9/17 players he's drafted in the first two rounds that are the bottom four positions in terms of importance. 

The Cowboys really don't have much talent at all.  They've got a LOT of talent at IOL, RB and ILB, but that's not going to get you far in this league if those are your strongest positions. 

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Its really sad when Cowboys fans dont even know the offense we run. Maybe attempt to learn about a subject before you write paragraphs of false information. 

That's extremely rich coming from you.  Stick to your off-topic posts.

5 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

That's extremely rich coming from you.  Stick to your off-topic posts.

Garretts offense was a timing based, air croyell passing game with a power run game.

We now run Scott Linehans west coast offense with a zone run game concept. 

Our offense literally could not be more opposite than what it was when JG was calling the plays. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We now run Scott Linehans west coast offense with a zone run game concept.

Bill Callahan brought that to Dallas, not Linehan.  Linehan's offense in Detroit was as pass-happy as Garrett's (before Bill Callahan showed up in Dallas).  Garrett has adopted it into "his" offense.

Archived