Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

5 hours ago, Activated10 said:

No thanks, he can go coach USC or top college football team. I want CEO to be able to bring a creative offensive system please

That totally goes against the point of having a CEO type to run things. Good CEOs surround themselves with people that know what they are doing and who make the CEO look better. The best CEOs are those that higher people who are smarter than they are. You want a CEO who brings in an OC that is better at it than he is, anyone else is just a mirco-manager that usually mucks things up. 

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not sure Gregg will accept it, but the best move for y'all might be keeping Williams and Kitchens on as coordinators and bringing in John Harbaugh as the CEO. Problem is that Williams is very prideful and will likely walk if he's passed over for the HC job. Also, Harbaugh may not want to work with them. But that might be a good arrangement. That all said, do not hire Williams as HC. Just look at his time in Buffalo.

Ehhh

It was 15 years ago, I imagine he has learned some things since then. He’s also got a quarterback here. Bledsoe’s best year in Buffalo is what Baker is projected to throw as a rookie.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ehhh

It was 15 years ago, I imagine he has learned some things since then. He’s also got a quarterback here. Bledsoe’s best year in Buffalo is what Baker is projected to throw as a rookie.

In that time Greggggg invented a new defense, was offered the HC job by 34 NFL franchises and taught his friend, the Hoodie, how to be a HC.

Greggggg couldn’t imagine a better candidate than Gregggggg.

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

8-1 record and posting unheard of stats. How is the MVP race even a competition? It’s Drew Brees and not even close.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2580/drew-brees

25 tds and 1 interception.

I mean, I hear ya, but....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3139477/patrick-mahomes

12 (!!!!) more TD’s.

56 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I bet they’ll give preference to brees because of the broken records this year 

That’s a good point.

While we’re discussing it, this fellas deserves a shout out too.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3046779/jared-goff

Right now it’s prolly Brees, Mahomes, Goff, in that order.  Lots of football left though.

3 hours ago, pscottdai said:

That totally goes against the point of having a CEO type to run things. Good CEOs surround themselves with people that know what they are doing and who make the CEO look better. The best CEOs are those that higher people who are smarter than they are. You want a CEO who brings in an OC that is better at it than he is, anyone else is just a mirco-manager that usually mucks things up. 

In that case just give me a damn leader whos creative on offense. 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, I hear ya, but....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3139477/patrick-mahomes

12 (!!!!) more TD’s.

12 TD and 9 INT.

How about Michael Thomas? 82 catches on 91 targets. That is stupid unrealistic. I know he really isn't in the running but he is projected to have almost 1700 yards and 13 TDs on 131 catches and 146 targets.

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s a good point.

While we’re discussing it, this fellas deserves a shout out too.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3046779/jared-goff

Right now it’s prolly Brees, Mahomes, Goff, in that order.  Lots of football left though.

I was 100% right about Goff, but kinda wrong about Wentz. I thought Goff would be far superior and the next Tom Brady type of QB. I might be right this year if he’s get to 40+ and 10.

21 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

12 TD and 9 INT.

How about Michael Thomas? 82 catches on 91 targets. That is stupid unrealistic. I know he really isn't in the running but he is projected to have almost 1700 yards and 13 TDs on 131 catches and 146 targets.

Thomas (not you) is having an incredible season, no doubt.  If not for the QB’s he’d be a front runner.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I was 100% right about Goff, but kinda wrong about Wentz. I thought Goff would be far superior and the next Tom Brady type of QB. I might be right this year if he’s get to 40+ and 10.

Goff was a darling of most on this board for a reason, no doubt.

I liked Wentz in general, probably not enough to “love” him at 2.  Didn’t think he’d be this good tbh.

The need to rename the MVP and Offensive Player of the year awards. The MVP is always a QB because it is a QB driven league now and the QB will always be the MVP of any team. With the MVP always going to a QB the OPOY should be QB ineligible.

The should become the Most Valuable Quarterback (MVQB) and Most Valuable Skilled Player (MVSP) awards. It is the only way players like Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, LeVeon Bell what he has done in the past and Todd Gurley would ever be in consideration for a high award.

Archived