Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

Justin Davis

What do you all think of him? Will he make the team? If so, what are the chances he earns the No. 2 RB duties?

JonStark    21

He's gotta learn to hold onto the ball but if he can get that down, I think he has a good shot to make the team. Maybe get that number 2 spot as the season goes on or next year.

BStanRamFan    9

Can he pass protect? If not, IDC how shifty or elusive he is. He will need to be able to catch the ball on 3rd down and pass block. Gurley is going to still be the focus of this offense regardless of Sammy, Kupp, Woods, Higbee, Everett, Tavon.

jrry32    227
Posted (edited)

Yea, he's gotta get his pass protection issues solved. If not, he might end up on the PS. I like his running style, but Gurley is still the guy here. If Davis wants to make the team, he needs to be able to contribute more than just running the ball. However, if we do try to get him on the PS, I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers or Bills consider stealing him away (because they run the Shanahan-Gibbs ZBS, and Davis's running style is a great fit for that scheme).

Edited by jrry32

looks like he can catch. So just gotta focus on not fumbling and learning how to pass protect. Those are usually issues for young RBs.

RamRod    26

It seems like we always have a UDFA RB who impresses and manages to find a spot on the team. Aaron Green, Malcolm Brown, Benny Cunningham, Trey Watts.

Flounch    3

Yes i don't even know why we brought Dunbar in the offseason...waste of money

Car_Ramrod    6

He's was a solid change of pace back at USC just always had nagging injuries. I do agree with those above that he's a liability in pass protection. 

Flounch    3

It's sad that we don't know how to use Green. He's not a typical runner. He's a Darren Sproles type of running back. 

Flounch    3

Can't catch the ball ? That's one of his strenght... But how can he show that if he's not involved in screen pass.