2019 Game Breakers

BleedTheClock

48 minutes ago, BRANDON26841X said:

I definitely wouldn't say he deserves to be on this list, but he does seem to actually have a little bit more break-away speed than Dobbins believe it or not. Dobbins is definitely shiftier / a little bit quicker, but long speed isn't really a strength of his. Dobbins definitely has a more explosive jump cut. 

I disagree. Weber has elite vision but he doesn't have any great physical traits. JK Dobbins is a huge playmaker for OSU. I haven't watched any OSU this year, but saw just about every game the previous 2 seasons. Give me Dobbins in a homerun hitting contest every single day of the week. Weber strikes me as a 4.55 guy. Dobbins as a 4.38 guy.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

What? He's not even the most explosive player in that OSU backfield. I wouldn't categorize him as explosive at all.

As the one dude below you said his break away speed is a home run. Even if Dobbins is quicker. In a open field foot race Weber can beat the majority. 

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I disagree. Weber has elite vision but he doesn't have any great physical traits. JK Dobbins is a huge playmaker for OSU. I haven't watched any OSU this year, but saw just about every game the previous 2 seasons. Give me Dobbins in a homerun hitting contest every single day of the week. Weber strikes me as a 4.55 guy. Dobbins as a 4.38 guy.

Quicker does not always mean faster. 

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Webber is looking significantly more explosive than Dobbins this year

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Kendall Sheffield is blazing.

Now everyone knows these Urban Meyer 40 times are a joke and the general rule of thumb is to add .15 to .20 seconds to each time to get an accurate number (Ward was the missing name at the top), but I think they'll both clock in around the 4.48 range. I don't see any way Dobbins gets in the 4.3's 

3 hours ago, BRANDON26841X said:

Now everyone knows these Urban Meyer 40 times are a joke and the general rule of thumb is to add .15 to .20 seconds to each time to get an accurate number (Ward was the missing name at the top), but I think they'll both clock in around the 4.48 range. I don't see any way Dobbins gets in the 4.3's 

hmmmm....very interesting. I still don't see that kind of speed from Weber. Even 4.48 seems high. We'll see!

6 hours ago, BRANDON26841X said:

If this was actually totally 100% accurate, Sheffield would be a hell of a lot better at corner than he actually is.  Sure solid player but does not show 4.25 speed what so ever in coverage in terms of ability to catch up or just general speed overall during a game.  He does not play like he can run that fast, same can be said for Campbell as well, at times can show it other times does not.  Would be shocked if all these guys actually time that well when it matters at the combine, will see.  

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:08 AM, BleedTheClock said:

What? He's not even the most explosive player in that OSU backfield. I wouldn't categorize him as explosive at all.

On the contrary, I had spoken with someone close to the team last year. He told me with confidence that OSU knows Weber is the fastest straight line long speed guy on the team. It's definitely harder to recognize on the field, but I have noticed it in those breakaway runs, Dobbins always get caught, Weber does not.

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

If this was actually totally 100% accurate, Sheffield would be a hell of a lot better at corner than he actually is.  Sure solid player but does not show 4.25 speed what so ever in coverage in terms of ability to catch up or just general speed overall during a game.  He does not play like he can run that fast, same can be said for Campbell as well, at times can show it other times does not.  Would be shocked if all these guys actually time that well when it matters at the combine, will see.  

Sports Exchange is more accurate:

http://www.draftscout.com/members/ratings/playersbyteam.php?DSTeamId=37&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

Archived