ET80

Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Packers
    • 49ers

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Nah, I wouldn't give him that yet.  

Gronk, Kelce, Ertz are for sure.  Then you have Delanie, Olsen, Rudolph, Burton, Howard, and a few other I would put in the same range as Kittle.

And then you consider that Hunter Henry is out of mind because he was injured so early in the season.

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I could understand if it was a blowout but c'mon

Im saying I give props to those who chose to sit out in freezing weather vs staying at home all nice, toasty, and comfortable in front of a large 4K tv with various drink and food by your side.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Nah, I wouldn't give him that yet.  

Gronk, Kelce, Ertz are for sure.  Then you have Delanie, Olsen, Rudolph, Burton, Howard, and a few other I would put in the same range as Kittle.

Those three are the three I'd put over him for sure. After that, I agree, there's a tier range more or less. If Olsen is healthy, I'd take him. 

Just now, Forge said:

Those three are the three I'd put over him for sure. After that, I agree, there's a tier range more or less. If Olsen is healthy, I'd take him. 

Fair.  Jordan Reed is also having a nice year.  Forgot him.  

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Olsen, Delanie, Hunter Henry...any other good TEs hurt?

Well, Eifert, but he's always hurt and is pretty much in that Jordan Reed territory now.

But Evan Engram is still injured and I feel like he needs to be in that category with Kittle where it's trending upward, but you need to see it more consistently (i.e. over multiple season before you can comfortably slot him as "a Top 5 guy").

Just now, The LBC said:

Well, Eifert, but he's always hurt and is pretty much in that Jordan Reed territory now.

But Evan Engram is still injured and I feel like he needs to be in that category with Kittle where it's trending upward, but you need to see it more consistently (i.e. over multiple season before you can comfortably slot him as "a Top 5 guy").

I left Eifert out for that reason.

Ah yeah.  Good call on Engram.  Njoku has looked good this year too.  

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

And then you consider that Hunter Henry is out of mind because he was injured so early in the season.

Henry hasn't done enough for me to overly consider him better than Kittle at this point, though admittedly out of my mind. Similar grouping. 

But this year, really hard to argue that Kittle isn't a top 5-6 over some of those other guys. I'm not taking the likes of Trey Burton over him right now. Rudolph has done it longer, but I view as much more limited. But I do think in that tier, any of those guys are capable of putting up that top 5 tight end season, if that makes sense. 

Well, at least the offense showed up most of the game, and made it worth watching. Whatever happens, it was better than expected. At least for 49ers fans I guess. This was the kind of game I was expecting to see most of the year if Jimmy didn't get hurt. Offense that didn't look pathetic, while the defense continued to trip over themselves. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Well, at least the offense showed up most of the game, and made it worth watching. Whatever happens, it was better than expected. At least for 49ers fans I guess. 

I'll take entertaining losses like early 2000's niners games all day. Before the real disaster years set in and Garcia was back there just winging it. 

Just now, Forge said:

Henry hasn't done enough for me to overly consider him better than Kittle at this point

Sorry, but I call homer on that.  Henry has produced for more than a full season and, frankly, his blocking is superior to Kittle's (which, whether people want to concede it or not, absolutely has to be factored into a TE's ranking).

Just now, Forge said:

Henry hasn't done enough for me to overly consider him better than Kittle at this point, though admittedly out of my mind. Similar grouping. 

But this year, really hard to argue that Kittle isn't a top 5-6 over some of those other guys. I'm not taking the likes of Trey Burton over him right now. Rudolph has done it longer, but I view as much more limited. But I do think in that tier, any of those guys are capable of putting up that top 5 tight end season, if that makes sense. 

Overall point makes sense and I think we all kinda agree.

I like Burton a lot even though he is a different style TE.  I do think you underrate Rudolph a bit.  

Just now, The LBC said:

Sorry, but I call homer on that.  Henry has produced for more than a full season and, frankly, his blocking is superior to Kittle's (which, whether people want to concede it or not, absolutely has to be factored into a TE's ranking).

Bruh, Kittle is a beastly blocker.

Archived