Week 7: Dallas Week GDT!

Ghostnote

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Dude, he was awful why else would me, the so called “Mr. Optimistic” of this forum consider leaving at half time?

Because you were only paying attention to the strip sack. Which everyone was. We had zero defense that game and were down 17-0 by 11:40 in the 2nd quarter.

Tampa's first TD came on a drive where they took 3 plays to score (40 yd pass to Evans)

And if butterfingers Matt Jones and Andre Roberts hang onto 3rd down passes, the offense would've moved better in the 1Q.

Also TB's drives outside of their first one, ate up lots of time. 

Then we get guys catching the ball and the offense moved. But on that drive, Cousins gets strip sacked, which was bad. 

That was when the chanting happened.

And right after that, Cousins engineers the drive ending in his TD run.

After that, it was history.

Key takeaways were that we had zero running game and no DJax. And once Cousins started moving away from Roberts and Jones, we actually started moving the ball.

Yeah, I was also at the game. 

55 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So he’s on pace to have more turnovers than last year when he had 3x as many as Alex?? No bueno.

Turnovers lose games, everyone knows that. It was I favored just about any QB over Rex Grossman in 2011.

Not always.

But not scoring points, will

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because you were only paying attention to the strip sack. Which everyone was. We had zero defense that game and were down 17-0 by 11:40 in the 2nd quarter.

Tampa's first TD came on a drive where they took 3 plays to score (40 yd pass to Evans)

And if butterfingers Matt Jones and Andre Roberts hang onto 3rd down passes, the offense would've moved better in the 1Q.

Also TB's drives outside of their first one, ate up lots of time. 

Then we get guys catching the ball and the offense moved. But on that drive, Cousins gets strip sacked, which was bad. 

That was when the chanting happened.

And right after that, Cousins engineers the drive ending in his TD run.

After that, it was history.

Key takeaways were that we had zero running game and no DJax. And once Cousins started moving away from Roberts and Jones, we actually started moving the ball.

Yeah, I was also at the game. 

I highlighted a heck of a lot that the offense and Cousins didn’t do for the entire first half until that final drive of the half. It was awful before he even fumbled and t was returned for a TD.

Wait, I hear excuses... but other people aren’t allowed to make them for the current QB... oh the hypocrisy 

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not always.

But not scoring points, will

It’s a good thing we’re doing both. Can’t lose sight of the fact that AD (3) AS & Bibbs all have rushing Tds this year. That’s 5 rushing TDs. When that happens it takes away from passing TD stats. 

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

While it’s true that Alex is 5 years older than Kirk was, he also is in his first month of a new offense with new receiving weapons - 2 of which who didn’t play in the preseason (CT & Reed) - with his starting center playing LG, the back up C starting, and let’s not forget that Kirk struggled in 2015 the first 6 games of the year in his second year in the offense. 

Smith is a young 34, he’s in better shape than almost every QB in the NFL today, his age isn’t an issue bc of how he keeps himself in great shape. 

We’ll have to see about rest of the season whether our passing game will improve or won’t, one thing is for sure.. we’re going to find out whether the haters like it or not. Alex is not in jeopardy of being benched.

Bunch of excuses. Kirk was a better QB. We had 2 young QB’s on the roster and one had to sit while the other had to play based on his expectations. Alex is not going to be benched in favor or Colt because he has 94M reasons to justify why he should be the starting QB. The investment into Alex alone is why he doesn’t have to look over his shoulder. 

43 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Our offense this week is going to be banking that AP can carry us single-handily to a win. With these injuries and Alex’s mediocre play I’m not confident 

I think it comes down to our run D. I see a lot of 3 DL w/ both Kerrigan & PSmith on the field to stop their run. They have to make dak beat them through the air, and unlike the past 2 years, the have to tackle Dak when they get to him. They’ve missed a handful of sacks the last 2 years bc they didn’t get Dak down.

18 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Bunch of excuses. Kirk was a better QB. We had 2 young QB’s on the roster and one had to sit while the other had to play based on his expectations. Alex is not going to be benched in favor or Colt because he has 94M reasons to justify why he should be the starting QB. The investment into Alex alone is why he doesn’t have to look over his shoulder. 

I’m not saying Alex is better. I’m saying the difference is not great between them - especially when you factor in turnovers and Alex’s leadership, everyone likes him - and Alex was cheaper long term which allows you to re-sign your own picks or good FAs who don’t break the bank but can be starters.

I was huge Kirk fan, wanted him to stay more than most and was willing to give him a $130 M deal with $90m guaranteed to stay.

I just think people aren’t even giving Alex a chance to prove himself, they’re jumping to conclusions way before this offense has even usually gotten in a ryhthm in years past. 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s a good thing we’re doing both. Can’t lose sight of the fact that AD (3) AS & Bibbs all have rushing Tds this year. That’s 5 rushing TDs. When that happens it takes away from passing TD stats. 

Doing both? In one half a game per win

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Doing both? In one half a game per win

Which happens a lot in the NfL, just like the NBA and hockey. Rarely does one team just put up a non-stop deluge of points on their opponent. They’re usually runs or quarters that are lopsided each way in each sport.  

Just like the Panthers game. The redskins were great in the beginning. The Panthers got the momentum in the 4th.

Lolk at the Chiefs vs Pats. First half Mahomes threw two picks, looked like a blow out. Second half 4 TDs... mostly thanks to Tyreke and Hunts spectacular run after the catch but still, point remains.

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Which happens a lot in the NfL, just like the NBA and hockey. Rarely does one team just put up a non-stop deluge of points on their opponent. They’re usually runs or quarters that are lopsided each way in each sport.  

Just like the Panthers game. The redskins were great in the beginning. The Panthers got the momentum in the 4th.

Lolk at the Chiefs vs Pats. First half Mahomes threw two picks, looked like a blow out. Second half 4 TDs... mostly thanks to Tyreke and Hunts spectacular run after the catch but still, point remains.

And yet we have a pattern not an anomaly. Why do you defend it as such?

Archived