Week 7: Dallas Week GDT!

Ghostnote

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Cousins wasn’t as comfortable in the offense in 2014 & the beginning of 2015 he struggled some too until the 2nd half Of the 2015 Tampa “You Like That” game. I was at the game, I honestly almost left at halftime because Cousins was awful in the first half. Let’s see what happens with the passing game the last 2/3 of the season.

The big issue here is that Kirk was 5 years younger and we could sit and wait for him to grasp the offense at a MUCH MUCH cheaper price. With Smith being 34, we don't have that kind of time for him to wait. The rest of the season is not going to be the ah ha moment. Sorry. 

17 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I do. When we had none it was the Saints game. Which is why I mentioned it.

So I'll give you guys a good guideline.

• NFL Cheerleaders in uniform? Yes --> as long as the pic isn't in a suggestive pose (**)
  • Bikinis? Yes --> As long as they aren't micro bikinis that barely cover the ladies (**)

(**) Basically think about having to explain the pic to your mother or your mother-in-law (or your 7 year old daughter) as to why you're looking at the pic and why/what the woman is doing/wearing. If you need to take a moment to explain, its no bueno.

Going after the over 100 demographic Winkle_01.jpg

1474013457_693_This-Japanese-granny-chee

Just now, TKellion said:

it was pretty hard on my eyes

times I hate being a moderator: when one of the other posters tosses a meatball down the center of the plate and you have a great response ... except it's not exactly kosher coming from a mod

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

times I hate being a moderator: when one of the other posters tosses a meatball down the center of the plate and you have a great response ... except it's not exactly kosher coming from a mod

Well thanks for the meatball

6 hours ago, mike23md said:

The big issue here is that Kirk was 5 years younger and we could sit and wait for him to grasp the offense at a MUCH MUCH cheaper price. With Smith being 34, we don't have that kind of time for him to wait. The rest of the season is not going to be the ah ha moment. Sorry. 

While it’s true that Alex is 5 years older than Kirk was, he also is in his first month of a new offense with new receiving weapons - 2 of which who didn’t play in the preseason (CT & Reed) - with his starting center playing LG, the back up C starting, and let’s not forget that Kirk struggled in 2015 the first 6 games of the year in his second year in the offense. 

Smith is a young 34, he’s in better shape than almost every QB in the NFL today, his age isn’t an issue bc of how he keeps himself in great shape. 

We’ll have to see about rest of the season whether our passing game will improve or won’t, one thing is for sure.. we’re going to find out whether the haters like it or not. Alex is not in jeopardy of being benched.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Cousins wasn’t as comfortable in the offense in 2014 & the beginning of 2015 he struggled some too until the 2nd half Of the 2015 Tampa “You Like That” game. I was at the game, I honestly almost left at halftime because Cousins was awful in the first half. Let’s see what happens with the passing game the last 2/3 of the season.

Lol...Cousins wasnt awful in the 1st half. He wasnt on fire like the 2nd half. But he wasnt awful

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Lol...Cousins wasnt awful in the 1st half. He wasnt on fire like the 2nd half. But he wasnt awful

Dude, he was awful why else would me, the so called “Mr. Optimistic” of this forum consider leaving at half time?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644276/article/top-20-games-of-2015-no-19-buccaneers-at-redskins

After the Week 6 loss to the Jets, here's what Sally Jenkins, a columnist for the Washington Post, had to say: "Kirk Cousins is fool's gold. He looks so shiny bright, right up until he disappoints you. Cousins has played enough to establish who he is as an NFL quarterback right now. He's a guy who is enticing to gamble on, but he doesn't pay off." 

Ouch, but in Sally's defense, she wasn't entirely wrong. She later points out that Cousins had appeared in 20 games in his career, and had committed two-plus turnovers in half of those starts.

Which brings us back to Week 7, the final game before Washington's bye, and Cousins' last chance to prove he was the man for the job or likely get relegated back to the bench. 

Washington got the ball first, but things didn't exactly go according to plan. Cousins and the offense amassed 17 total yards on their first three possessions. The Jameis Winston-led Buccaneers? They racked up 17 points on their first three chances with the old pigskin.

It only got worse for Cousins. The crowd seemed ready to put the final nail in his coffin as starting QB when he was strip-sacked midway through the second quarter and had to watch helplessly as the Buccaneers returned the fumble for a touchdown.

Let's pause and recap. Cousins was now down 24-0, at home, to a team that went 2-14 the year prior and was currently being led by a rookie quarterback. Yeah, Kirk's chances at piloting the Enterprise -- I mean, this franchise -- ever again were looking pretty grim.

3 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

They had a very alarming stat about Kirk on the radio the other day. Out of 55 starts for the skins,he committed 56 turnovers.  He already has 8 this season.

So he’s on pace to have more turnovers than last year when he had 3x as many as Alex?? No bueno.

Turnovers lose games, everyone knows that. It was I favored just about any QB over Rex Grossman in 2011.

Archived