Week 7: Dallas Week GDT!

Ghostnote

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s a good thing we’re doing both. Can’t lose sight of the fact that AD (3) AS & Bibbs all have rushing Tds this year. That’s 5 rushing TDs. When that happens it takes away from passing TD stats. 

I can't take you seriously when you post this stuff.

WE'RE 29th IN SCORING!

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I highlighted a heck of a lot that the offense and Cousins didn’t do for the entire first half until that final drive of the half. It was awful before he even fumbled and t was returned for a TD.

Wait, I hear excuses... but other people aren’t allowed to make them for the current QB... oh the hypocrisy 

No...you highlighted that they got 17 yards on their first 3 possessions. I didn't dispute that.

I merely said...why they got only 17 yards on their first 3 possessions. Its not an excuse when someone says we didn't move the offense and the other agrees but adds that Roberts and Jones dropped two perfectly good 3rd down balls and that the offense didn't start moving until the QB stopped looking their way. 

But...back to Dallas this week.

This is a loss. We don't win back to back games under Jay

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

No...you highlighted that they got 17 yards on their first 3 possessions. I didn't dispute that.

I merely said...why they got only 17 yards on their first 3 possessions. Its not an excuse when someone says we didn't move the offense and the other agrees but adds that Roberts and Jones dropped two perfectly good 3rd down balls and that the offense didn't start moving until the QB stopped looking their way. 

But...back to Dallas this week.

This is a loss. We don't win back to back games under Jay

Under Kirk, this is a loss.

He always choked away the huge pivotal games for us.

Monday night Carolina game

Atlanta game when they were 6-0 and we lost in OT of course....on a Cousins pick 6.

Ladies & gentleman.

I believe we win this game. I'm nervous as hell, because this game is huge.

And Skins teams from the past lay big turds in games like this.

not to mention, we haven't beat Dallas at home in forever.

But I'm calling It now!

Redskins beat Dallas.

27-24 in OT!

?

Peterson goes for 100+ yards rushing & 2 TD's.

He's a warrior.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Atlanta game when they were 6-0 and we lost in OT of course....on a Cousins pick 6.

Ladies & gentleman.

But I'm calling It now!

Redskins beat Dallas.

27-24 in OT!

?

He's a warrior.

Great point. With Alex we showed up for our big prime time game!

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

WE'RE 29th IN SCORING!

Are we? Didn’t realize that. It’s a good thing we control the clock and play ball control like we did when we had Portis and won then.

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Ladies & gentleman.

But I'm calling It now!

Redskins beat Dallas.

27-24 in OT!

?

He's a warrior.

Green Bay in 2016 Kirk played the best game of his career and so did Rob Kelley. That was a prime time game.

Kirk played amazing vs the Cowboys in both the thanksgiving game of 2016 and last year in Dallas, we just had Crowder drop what could’ve been a TD and Doctson dropped What should’ve been a 20 yd reception and both games our D got run out of town. 

I mean, remember Nsekhe trying to block Lawrence at RT? Moses’ ankle injury a lone cost us the Dallas game last year.

In 2015 down the stretch he had a great game vs Philadelphia and at Dallas after we clinched the Division the week before at Phila.

Kirk had a few duds no doubt in prime time but he actually had more good than bad games, we lost as a team.

Alex was below average in NO, there’s no defending how poorly he and the offense played that game, especially against a Saints D that’s not very good. Kirk on the other hand ripped up that same D for 3.5 quarters the year before, if we had traded for AD last September, we probably would’ve won the game at NO last year w/ KC bc we could’ve gotten a first down and run the clock out with 2 min left.

12 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

WE'RE 29th IN SCORING!

It’s okay to be negative, but at least play fair. 

We’re 29th in total points. A number that is more than a little skewed because (a) we’re one of the few teams with no points from the defense/ST and (b) we’ve played one fewer game than most teams!

Our offense has put up 21.4 points per game. Which still isn’t great, but it’s good for 21st in the league — not 29th. And interestingly, better than a number of teams I often see the Redskins compared to. Including the Cowboys and even that one team that plays up north with the purple uniforms and the two star WRs and the greatest QB who ever lived (or likely ever will live). 

One of my analytic guys said to “stay away from this game because Gruden is 7-15 after a win and has never beat Dallas in DC.  He got all mad after Monday nights embarrassment and had good focus. After a win he’s like a fat blob the morning after a major league pig out”

I’m disregarding this advice and saying we beat the cowboys 24-19.

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Ladies & gentleman.

But I'm calling It now!

Redskins beat Dallas.

27-24 in OT!

?

He's a warrior.

Green Bay in 2016 Kirk played the best game of his career and so did Rob Kelley. That was a prime time game.

Kirk played amazing vs the Cowboys in both the thanksgiving game of 2016 and last year in Dallas, we just had Crowder drop what could’ve been a TD and Doctson dropped What should’ve been a 20 yd reception and both games our D got run out of town. 

Maldonado, remember Nsekhe trying to block Lawrence at RT? Moses’ ankle injury  a lone cost us the game.

In 2015 down the stretch he had a great game vs Philadelphia and at Dallas after we clinched the Division the week before at Phila.

Kirk had a few duds no doubt in prime time but he actually had more good than bad games, we lost as a team.

Alex was below average in NO, there’s no defending how poorly he and the offense played that game, especially against a Saints D that’s not very good. Kirk on the other hand ripped up that same D for 3.5 quarters the year before, if we had traded for AD last September, we probably would’ve won the game at NO last year w/ KC bc we could’ve gotten a first down and run the clock out with 2 min left.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Maldonado, remember Nsekhe trying to block Lawrence at RT? Moses’ ankle injury  a lone cost us the game.

l_258fedf0-4560-11e2-907f-abac60a00009.j

27 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Uh oh. Our best and second best receivers best CB, and Thompson inactive 

OL, Peterson and Reed have to win on offense 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Redskins/status/1054084281503494144/photo/1

DqDb6xDV4AA75OL?format=jpg

Hopefully Doctson actually steps up. Davis and Reed are solid. Harris played well vs the Saints, it’s not his fault Alex threw late to him in what should’ve been a TD.

If the throw would’ve been on time, Harris would’ve had 4 recs, 80 yds & a TD in the game.

We’ll probably run a lot of 3 TE sets with Reed in the slot, that’s what I’d do.

Archived