Week 7: Dallas Week GDT!

Ghostnote

14 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

No...you highlighted that they got 17 yards on their first 3 possessions. I didn't dispute that.

I merely said...why they got only 17 yards on their first 3 possessions. Its not an excuse when someone says we didn't move the offense and the other agrees but adds that Roberts and Jones dropped two perfectly good 3rd down balls and that the offense didn't start moving until the QB stopped looking their way. 

But...back to Dallas this week.

This is a loss. We don't win back to back games under Jay

Buddy, it comes off as an excuse when it’s merely just the same things I’m saying about Alex’s Struggles this first month. The two are not any different.

In both ways we are each just saying what happened, but if you like the QB you’ll say, it’s just an explanation/reason, and if you don’t like the QB you’ll characterize the other poster as coming up with an excuse for the player he likes.

I’m not a rookie around these parts, in fact, I’ve been around longer than you... 16 years.

This game is going to be ugly. By design, I imagine. With Crowder and Richardson and Thompson all out, the passing game is going to be painfully limited. 

Lots of 2 and 3 TE sets, lots of pounding the ball into the line (with both Peterson and Perine), lots of 8-man boxes, lots of very short passes and screens, and probably lots of punts. The key to this game is going to be capitalizing on the chances that are there — for big plays and for TDs when we get into scoring range. 

Good chance for our D to prove they can stop the run. I’d have 8 in the box (one a spy) and dare the Cowboys to hurt us over the top. 

Hoping for something like 19-14, good guys. 

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Buddy, it comes off as an excuse when it’s merely just the same things I’m saying about Alex’s Struggles this first month. The two are not any different.

In both ways we are each just saying what happened, but if you like the QB you’ll say, it’s just an explanation/reason, and if you don’t like the QB you’ll characterize the other poster as coming up with an excuse for the player he likes.

I’m not a rookie around these parts, in fact, I’ve been around longer than you... 16 years.

Just let it go. You’re beating that horse to death. It’s the frickin Dallas Game 

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Just let it go. You’re beating that horse to death. It’s the frickin Dallas Game 

I’m not going to let something go when someone is being a hypocrite and this is another example of me needing to be the bigger man again? Why? Why is it always me when everyone else gets a pass?

Mod or not, I frankly don’t agree and I shouldn’t have to apologize for that or stop Posting about it. 

If the Mod cared, they would have squashed the discussion 2 or 3 pages ago.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not going to let something go when someone is being a hypocrite and this is another example of me needing to be the bigger man again? Why? Why is it always me when everyone else gets a pass?

Mod or not, I frankly don’t agree and I shouldn’t have to apologize for that or stop Posting about it. 

If the Mod cared, they would have squashed the discussion 2 or 3 pages ago.

CSjn.gif

have a  drink it makes it better. Doc’s rules of life number 6

Archived