Buying a House

RavensTillIDie

Going to "fire" our realtor. She didn't sound disappointed at all and I think she's ready to not worry about the house. We have a couple cash buyers through one of my wife's friends. We'll hear their pitch and determine who to go with. 

On 6/26/2019 at 9:52 AM, navysaintsfan said:

Will take note here. We live in Richmond, VA so we are the mid-Atlantic region. Not sure how much of a difference there is when it comes to grass growing with these two regions.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:02 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I live in Richmond too. I seed in September and then again around March/April. 

The straw tip is a great idea(that I wish I new before) When I first seeded we had a huge storm a few days later(that wasn't in the forecast, thanks meteorologist) and a good amount of the seed washed away

Didn't realize we had so many. I am moving back to Richmond in a month. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Going to "fire" our realtor. She didn't sound disappointed at all and I think she's ready to not worry about the house. We have a couple cash buyers through one of my wife's friends. We'll hear their pitch and determine who to go with. 

Sounds like you had a real winner of a realtor!

I guess our house "passed" appraisal.  My realtor didn't bother to tell me lol.  He communicated real well through this whole process (both buying and now selling), but now that we're close to the finish line i feel like i'm pulling more information out of him than he's pushing to me.

Now just waiting on a closing date.  This holiday is throwing things out of whack.

14 hours ago, TENINCH said:

cash is good.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

I guess our house "passed" appraisal.  My realtor didn't bother to tell me lol.  He communicated real well through this whole process (both buying and now selling), but now that we're close to the finish line i feel like i'm pulling more information out of him than he's pushing to me.

Now just waiting on a closing date.  This holiday is throwing things out of whack.

It happened to me. Apparently you just are supposed to assume it all goes well and you only hear from them if it's an issue. 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:36 AM, navysaintsfan said:

Just got word Monday that the seller accepted my offer :D We close July 2nd! This is my first home!

.25 acre lot, huge backyard, 1588 sq ft 3 bed/2 bath split level, nice size rec room, beautiful kitchen with granite countertops and new stainless steel appliances, in a good part of town! $205,000 (VA loan) with seller paying $7500 towards closing costs! So excited! Been trying to get a house for about a decade now (I'll be 36 at time of closing).

c38c57f9e3dfe561c179d1be1b060bf0l-m0xd-w

c38c57f9e3dfe561c179d1be1b060bf0l-m25xd-

c38c57f9e3dfe561c179d1be1b060bf0l-m7xd-w

c38c57f9e3dfe561c179d1be1b060bf0l-m16xd-

We closed this past Tuesday! I'm so in love with this place! Moving in Saturday!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Great kitchen!

I'm big on cooking and the kitchen was a big selling point to me. I've always had those closed in kitchens and they always felt so cramped. Finally I have room to move around. And that door you see is a full size pantry! Haven't had a full size pantry since I was a kid back in NOLA. I'm going nuts just thinking about it!

54 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I'm big on cooking and the kitchen was a big selling point to me. I've always had those closed in kitchens and they always felt so cramped. Finally I have room to move around. And that door you see is a full size pantry! Haven't had a full size pantry since I was a kid back in NOLA. I'm going nuts just thinking about it!

What area are you in, if I may ask? Told MK before I was heading to Bon Air after Carytown.