Jump to content
Tyronnosaurus

Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Excuse me for assuming that when we talk about "results", win/loss was the result that mattered more than anything else. We could win the Super Bowl, and you'd be like, "look, his ypa didn't improve after he got Amari".

I'm not sure why I continue this debate, because I'm not a huge fan of Dak or of this trade. I just think the "it doesn't matter if our talent gets better because Dak sucks" is a dumb argument. Improving our talent will help us win games. This should be obvious.

Putting racing slicks on your Prius isn’t going to make it faster

 

Edited by 5x10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Putting racing slicks on your Prius isn’t going to make it faster

 

Yup, we still have Dak Prescott as quarterback. That's true. Adding other good players doesn't change his biological or chemical makeup. Super insightful.

You might still have a Prius. But removing traffic from the roads will help you get from point A to point B more quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yup, we still have Dak Prescott as quarterback. That's true. Adding other good players doesn't change his biological or chemical makeup. Super insightful.

You might still have a Prius. But removing traffic from the roads will help you get from point A to point B more quickly.

The point is, this is the THIRD WR group that Dak has played with. First he struggled with Dez, TWill, and Beasley. Everyone, except for a few of us, blamed the WRs. We hated TWill. We were HAPPY to release Dez. We signed Hurns, and Thompson in FA to decent money. We traded a 6th for Tavon Austin. Drafted Michael Gallup. The word on the street was we were making everything Dak friendly. They publicly stated they were going to be better without a true #1. Dak said he PREFERRED it that way. We remodeled our whole crew, and guess what happened? More crappy QB play. And guess who is getting blamed again!? The freaking WR group. So NOW we trade our 1st overall pick for Amari Cooper, which is again supposed reshape our group dynamic. 

 

Excuse us for being concerned that changing the WR group AGAIN, is not going to make much difference. How many WRs are going to get fired or replaced before we recognize that they aren't the issue? You may think it's stupid to assume more talent won't help Dak, but at some point it's insane to expect different results from doing the same thing. This isn't the first time we dramatically reshaped our WR group for Dak.

 

 

Edited by DaBoys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

The point is, this is the THIRD WR group that Dak has played with. First he struggled with Dez, TWill, and Beasley. Everyone, except for a few of us, blamed the WRs. We hated TWill. We were HAPPY to release Dez. We signed Hurns, and Thompson in FA to decent money. We traded a 6th for Tavon Austin. Drafted Michael Gallup. The word on the street was we were making everything Dak friendly. They publicly stated they were going to be better without a true #1. Dak said he PREFERRED it that way. We remodeled our whole crew, and guess what happened? More crappy QB play. And guess who is getting blamed again!? The freaking WR group. So NOW we trade our 1st overall pick for Amari Cooper, which is again supposed reshape our group dynamic. 

 

Excuse us for being concerned that changing the WR group AGAIN, is not going to make much difference. How many WRs are going to get fired or replaced before we recognize that they aren't the issue? You may think it's stupid to assume more talent won't help Dak, but at some point it's insane to expect different results from doing the same thing. This isn't the first time we dramatically reshaped our WR group for Dak.

 

 

LOL.

I agree with quite a bit of what you are saying. Dak isn't a great quarterback.

The original post I responded to made a statement that completely lacked nuance and depth. *It doesn't matter, the results will be the same*. Ridiculous. We've seen a very wide range of success from Dak, both in terms of statistics and W/L. Clearly there are other factors to whether he succeeds or not than "Dak gonna Dak".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

The point is, this is the THIRD WR group that Dak has played with. First he struggled with Dez, TWill, and Beasley. Everyone, except for a few of us, blamed the WRs. We hated TWill. We were HAPPY to release Dez. We signed Hurns, and Thompson in FA to decent money. We traded a 6th for Tavon Austin. Drafted Michael Gallup.

How are you counting this. Williams, Beasly have been here the whole time. Hurns was added before Dez was even cut. They were going to play together. So its more like the second. With the first group he was rated as the third best passer in the NFL and was the #1 seed. But then his OL went to ish and he started to look very mediocre. 

 

Then he went to this new group and his OL stunk it up and he continued to look mediocre. None of our OL (save Martin) are graded as elite pass blockers. None are rated as high quality. None are rated as very good. Some are rated good, some below average. 

 

FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How are you counting this. Williams, Beasly have been here the whole time. Hurns was added before Dez was even cut. They were going to play together. So its more like the second. With the first group he was rated as the third best passer in the NFL and was the #1 seed. But then his OL went to ish and he started to look very mediocre. 

 

Then he went to this new group and his OL stunk it up and he continued to look mediocre. None of our OL (save Martin) are graded as elite pass blockers. None are rated as high quality. None are rated as very good. Some are rated good, some below average. 

 

FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT

Lol

Matts, this is simple. I know you are a good math student so let me explain this way.

 

2 MAJOR overhauls = 3 different groups. 

 

First major overhaul was this offseason. It doesn't matter if Hurns was here first or if Dez was here last, or if they passed each other on the way out and high fived. No one can deny that our WR group underwent a change this offseason. A big one.

 

Second overhaul is desperately trading away your first overall pick midseason after you have already lost 4 games, and acquiring Amari Cooper. Thus crowning him the #1 WR during your week 8 bye. Lol

 

2 changes = 3 groups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 2:38 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

LOL.

I agree with quite a bit of what you are saying. Dak isn't a great quarterback.

The original post I responded to made a statement that completely lacked nuance and depth. *It doesn't matter, the results will be the same*. Ridiculous. We've seen a very wide range of success from Dak, both in terms of statistics and W/L. Clearly there are other factors to whether he succeeds or not than "Dak gonna Dak".

Ridiculous my ***, I never mentioned 2 years ago when dak was a highly productive qb and winning 

dak can’t lead a productive passing game, and for you to claim ignorance to that is flat out lying

who complains about production and winning?

Edited by 5x10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooper Beasley and Hurns are listed as starters.

Definitely thought it would be Gallup Beasley and Coop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Cooper Beasley and Hurns are listed as starters.

Definitely thought it would be Gallup Beasley and Coop.

Not really surprised at Gallup not starting. Has looked better, but still a 3rd rd rookie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Not really surprised at Gallup not starting. Has looked better, but still a 3rd rd rookie. 

Agreed but has looked better than Hurns.

Why not continue to give him the reps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CAPJ said:

Agreed but has looked better than Hurns.

Why not continue to give him the reps?

Hurns is a young vet, who they gave quite a bit of money too. I think Hurns is starting because Gallup still needs more time to develop. The F.O. might also want more return on that investment and this is the time to evaluate him.  

IMO, Hurns is a bust FA signing and won't be on the team next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CAPJ said:

Agreed but has looked better than Hurns.

Why not continue to give him the reps?

"Starting" is not about reps. Gallup has received more snaps the last two weeks than Hurns. That seems very unlikely to change, regardless of who the "starter" is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×