Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

Hope you guys are all having a good summer, i'm completely unaware of what's been happening with the Browns and the rest of the league since the draft - something unbelievable might be happening over this way...

Looking forward to getting back on here soon in time to catch the buzz before the season starts.

9 hours ago, mistakey said:

Hold the Phone

stipe doesn’t get a rematch?  We have to watch this Cormier Lesnar nonsense 

f that

Agreed, and the WWF antics with Lesnar were so cringy.

If you want to be taken seriously as a legit sport, act like it. Staged hype with a guy who’s had one miningful win in 5 years? 

Stipe should get his shot, then perhaps Blaydes or Lewis then maybe Lesnar, provided he beats Stipe or Blaydes or Lewis before then otherwise it’s not a sport, it’s just entertainment.

If all they want at PPV buys, let Lesnar and Jon Jones fight juiced to the gills.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed, and the WWF antics with Lesnar were so cringy.

If you want to be taken seriously as a legit sport, act like it. Staged hype with a guy who’s had one miningful win in 5 years? 

Stipe should get his shot, then perhaps Blaydes or Lewis then maybe Lesnar, provided he beats Stipe or Blaydes or Lewis before then otherwise it’s not a sport, it’s just entertainment.

If all they want at PPV buys, let Lesnar and Jon Jones fight juiced to the gills.

Not like stipe set the record for heavyweight title defenses or anything

and cmon.  Everyone knows two things-

1. If jones was not a dumbass and didn’t get caught Jones would be holdin that belt

2. Only reason lesnar is up there is cause of the roids

so you make a good point - let’s see jones Cormier at heavyweight 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jones is great, but he’s an idiot.  Best fighter ever, almost undoubtedly, but steroids do taint things imo.

Natty vs geared up isn’t a fair fight, almost regardless of skill (within reason of course).

Right.  So why is lesnar in there?

(yes I know the answer is ppv)

at least bones winning the title is sellable if they’re goin for this wwe booking ****.  Lesnar got half a stomach and hasn’t won a consequential fight in 8 years not to mention the dude is 40

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Right.  So why is lesnar in there?

(yes I know the answer is ppv)

at least bones winning the title is sellable if they’re goin for this wwe booking ****.  Lesnar got half a stomach and hasn’t won a consequential fight in 8 years not to mention the dude is 40

And that’s what’s holding the sport back imo.

You can’t prioritize hype and ppv sales over quality product.

Lesnar should have 2-3 fights before getting a shot at a belt imo.

That’s one of the reasons I loved the DC/Stipe matchup.  No BSing, no talking, both fighters respectful towards their opponent, etc.  It was two competitors engaging in sport, not two jackarses brawling.

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And that’s what’s holding the sport back imo.

You can’t prioritize hype and ppv sales over quality product.

Lesnar should have 2-3 fights before getting a shot at a belt imo.

That’s one of the reasons I loved the DC/Stipe matchup.  No BSing, no talking, both fighters respectful towards their opponent, etc.  It was two competitors engaging in sport, not two jackarses brawling.

I don’t mind the promos when they’re genuine.  Like when two guys hate eachother like Cormier and bones.