Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This is my first time watching soccer. I’m liking this run. Really shows you his greatness that he can win with the worst team in the league. Even if it’s a bum league. Is he coming to Columbus this year? I can’t figure out mls schedules. 

Probably not but you’re right.

Miami was garbage before he joined and now they’re dominating.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just heard about this guy today. Apparently he spent $11,000 a month on steroids.

…. yeah…. He’s going to be dead in about 5 years…

He tried to say he was completely steroid free and was adamant about. Everyone knew he was full of crap.

Was so funny when he got caught out

Steroids and raw meat, what could possibly go wrong? Did you guys know that people live longer now than they did back then too? Weird.

He believes in the primal lifestyle so much that he lifts weights and uses supplements and other medications. 

His followers have to have an IQ of a doorknob unless it’s for the shock factor and entertainment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Steroids and raw meat, what could possibly go wrong? Did you guys know that people live longer now than they did back then too? Weird.

He believes in the primal lifestyle so much that he lifts weights and uses supplements and other medications. 

His followers have to have an IQ of a doorknob unless it’s for the shock factor and entertainment.

It’s teenagers and morons.

And teenage morons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s teenagers and morons.

And teenage morons.

And for the record when it comes to diets and lifting routines I’m pretty open minded.

I am super close to trying Mike Mentzer’s one set to failure per lift with 48 hours of rest high intensity routine for 6-12 weeks.

He even advocated for 60% of your diet being carbohydrate based, and it’s gotten me curious.

But you know what Mentzer did? Broke it down scientifically with anaerobic vs aerobic exercise differences and how your body creates muscle and stores/uses energy. Huge difference.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And for the record when it comes to diets and lifting routines I’m pretty open minded.

I am super close to trying Mike Mentzer’s one set to failure per lift with 48 hours of rest high intensity routine for 6-12 weeks.

Tldr: it sucks lol.

and for clarification, sucks as in it’s not fun to do.  Actual failure is really uncomfortable and you’ve got to be a bit of a psycho to do it every workout.  Also, it’s not something you can do alone imo.  You need someone to help with forced reps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tldr: it sucks lol.

and for clarification, sucks as in it’s not fun to do.  Actual failure is really uncomfortable and you’ve got to be a bit of a psycho to do it every workout.  Also, it’s not something you can do alone imo.  You need someone to help with forced reps.

Yep and I came to the conclusion that me 15 years ago would have been able to do it because me and Natedawg lifted together every single time whereas now it’s just me.

I don’t really want to die bench pressing. But I have started incorporating some of his principles such as more rest and body weight like push and pull ups one set to failure.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yep and I came to the conclusion that me 15 years ago would have been able to do it because me and Natedawg lifted together every single time whereas now it’s just me.

I don’t really want to die bench pressing. But I have started incorporating some of his principles such as more rest and body weight like push and pull ups one set to failure.

I’m down to 3 days per week most weeks.  Not looking to gain anything, just trying not to lose what I have.

What I really need to do is some yoga.  Age hasn’t impacted strength much (joints maybe) but I definitely feel less flexible than I did 10-15 years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m down to 3 days per week most weeks.  Not looking to gain anything, just trying not to lose what I have.

3-4 days for me but the last 3 weeks my strength gains have been the best they’ve been in years so I’m trying to ride the wave a bit.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What I really need to do is some yoga.  Age hasn’t impacted strength much (joints maybe) but I definitely feel less flexible than I did 10-15 years ago.

Getting older sucks 

• Like 1

You guys are taking about the liver guy. That **** was a joke months ago. 

Have you ever done strong lift 5x5?

One of my favorite lift routines since it was quick and to the point. Everything is 5 reps x 5 sets

day 1. Squat, bench, straight bar row

Day 2. Squat, overhead press, deadlift (1 set 5 reps) 

Day 3. Repeat day 1 but add 2.5 lbs each side of the bar

the next week you do it opposite. Ever time you do the repeat day you add 2.5 each side. So you are adding 10 lbs every 2 weeks to everything but you are adding 15 lbs to your squat every 2 weeks. 

It might not get you jacked like the roid guy above but it definitely got me feeling good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDD said:

One of my favorite lift routines since it was quick and to the point. Everything is 5 reps x 5 sets

the next week you do it opposite. Ever time you do the repeat day you add 2.5 each side. So you are adding 10 lbs every 2 weeks to everything but you are adding 15 lbs to your squat every 2 weeks. 

It might not get you jacked like the roid guy above but it definitely got me feeling good. 

It’s one of the most common programs there is and for good reason.

It’s simple and it works.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JDD said:

I have been doing 3 days a week hitting 2-3 rep range and it has been wild how good the strength gains are. 

Only issue is my right elbow is a bit bitchy.

I have followed Liver King out of morbid curiosity. He reminds me of the ultimate warrior. His physique and weird erratic behavior. 

He really looks like crap in that last video though. He is spending tomorrow's life today. Like Andrew Berry with the cap 17% over spend now.

• Like 1