Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah if you don’t want kids, fine, but the rest is a load of sht.

Preach.

Having a child is the complete opposite of narcissism. All my goals in life went from being about me to being about her. 

Deciding that you are so important that you should be the end of your parental lineage seems like the pinnacle of narcissism to me. And in the case of some women, the changes to their body are a notable factor in the decision, which is textbook narcissism. 

The idea that having children as being a self-serving act can only be proffered by a child, in my opinion. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I love kids and think they’d be a blessing. However, having a kid would be a decision my future wife and I would have to agree on. If she said no, I’d be content with that decision.

However, yeah that’s funny. I’ve had random texts like that before.

I thought you were like 70. 

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Preach.

Having a child is the complete opposite of narcissism. All my goals in life went from being about me to being about her. 

Deciding that you are so important that you should be the end of your parental lineage seems like the pinnacle of narcissism to me. And in the case of some women, the changes to their body are a notable factor in the decision, which is textbook narcissism. 

The idea that having children as being a self-serving act can only be proffered by a child, in my opinion. 

Now this is the opposite end of the stupid spectrum when it comes to that topic. I don’t know anybody who doesn’t have kids who thinks like this.

If you’re economically unstable or not fit physically / mentally / emotionally, then please don’t have kids.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Preach.

Yeah I was a completely selfish prick until I had a kid tbh.

For me, it’s been the greatest experience of my life.  Humbling, gratifying, enriching, etc.  It’s one thing to to try to be a good person when you’re young and single.  It’s completely different when the person you care most about in the world is watching you as the template for how they’re going to behave and treat others.  All of a sudden you hold yourself to a much higher standard.  Or at least I did...

Is it expensive? Yep.  Do they at times wear on your last nerve?  You bet.  Is there ever a second I regret it, even for a moment?  Nope.

Now that’s just me, and if others don’t agree that’s fine, don’t have kids.  Like @candyman93 said too, if you can’t afford them, can’t dedicate the time to raise them, etc, then don’t have them.  If you don’t want them, don’t have them. But don’t pretend that you’re decision is anything more than a personal preference.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Baby #3 coming in October. 

giphy.gif

Perfect season at least. Taking six weeks off work during prime football season. 

Speaking from experience you’d better fight to hold said newborn and watch football so the other gets the much more difficult job of watching the other 2 kids. Otherwise your 6 week football vacation will turn into full time toddler sitting and midnight newborn feedings watching highlights of all the games you missed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

We are potty training, by that I mean cleaning toddler piss off the floor. Any tips?

Naked days with a squatty potty helped us. Eating lunch while on the potty, after potty M&M treat...I’m sure I’ll think of more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We are potty training, by that I mean cleaning toddler piss off the floor. Any tips?

I used a rolled up newspaper to smack them over the nose and rubbed their face in it. 

Don’t know if it’s the best way, but neither of my boys piss on the floor often and they’re only 8 and 13.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I used a rolled up newspaper to smack them over the nose and rubbed their face in it. 

Don’t know if it’s the best way, but neither of my boys piss on the floor often and they’re only 8 and 13.

I thought I saw you at the adrian Peterson and tyreek hill parenting road show. 

Good to see the method works.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1