Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

41 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I said a newspaper not a switch.

I’m not a barbarian.

The amazing thing with AP is that he admitted to using a switch on his badly beaten son, and then doubles down on it, talking about how he disciplines his son with force a few years later. 

Its a good thing he has football, cos he isn't  brightest star in the sky. 

• Like 2

The more I’m around young people who have significant issues in their lives, the more you piece together the one common issue: 

The complete absence of a father or positive presence of a dad.

Yes there are outliers for those without one, but man is it a scary thought as a dad.

ADs dad was incarcerated for most of his life. By no means does this give him a pass for his son, but it sure does explain it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The more I’m around young people who have significant issues in their lives, the more you piece together the one common issue: 

The complete absence of a father or positive presence of a dad.

Yes there are outliers for those without one, but man is it a scary thought as a dad.

ADs dad was incarcerated for most of his life. By no means does this give him a pass for his son, but it sure does explain it.

I try to help out the young ladies who have daddy issues the best that I can. I'll put on a sweater vest, grab my pipe and hit the town and try to fill voids one by one.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:46 AM, candyman93 said:

I love kids and think they’d be a blessing. However, having a kid would be a decision my future wife and I would have to agree on. If she said no, I’d be content with that decision.

However, yeah that’s funny. I’ve had random texts like that before.

Sounds like science fiction

On 3/28/2019 at 5:03 AM, NateDawg said:

Baby #3 coming in October. 

giphy.gif

Perfect season at least. Taking six weeks off work during prime football season. 

Congratulations dude. Three is no harder to manage than two. It's just as awful.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 11:30 AM, Kiwibrown said:

We are potty training, by that I mean cleaning toddler piss off the floor. Any tips?

How old is the kid?

We potty trained our daughter over the Easter holidays when she was 20 months thinking it would make a 3 week trip to the States easier. It was ******* stressful.

We then let our lad wear nappies until he was 3 and he decided he wanted to be potty trained. It was, no pun intended, a piece of piss.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:30 AM, Kiwibrown said:

We are potty training, by that I mean cleaning toddler piss off the floor. Any tips?

As much positive reinforcement as possible. Gotta make them enjoy going to the bathroom. To that has worked for my daughter. It was such a long journey but now she rarely has accidents through out the day. Only time she might have one is if she is in her car seat. 

The one thing I hated most about potty training was her peeing in her car seat. I hated taking that thing hard to take the cover off to wash it. 

Now im just not looking forward to getting her off of bed time overnight diapers. 

Back to the tips, I always tried to make it fun for her and happy that she peed/poop in the potty. We also bought a potty for every toilet possible so it was never long to get to a potty. I just know whenever see started to pee and I could hear it, I would freak out with excitement and she thought it was the funniest thing in the world and ended up inventing our family happy dance. That when she does something like pee in the potty, take her meds like a big girl when she is sick, or does something great a happy dance is broken out and at times she calls for the happy dance. 

I think in the beginning we would ask her every hour if she has to go to the potty. If it was longer than hour since she last went, we would take her and have her try. Now every time she tells us  she has to go potty, we act like she just won a major award. 

God there were times she would be so stubborn about going to the bathroom to just try, we would just have to trick her to go there because if she was throwing a fit. It was game over. I don’t know how many times I told her I’ll race you to the bathroom! 

A tip I heard was just got weekends or extended period of times with no pants on and a potty right there in the same room.  That the minute they start peeing you, you grab the pot and make them get on. I know my daughter starter to hate that feeling of being wet and she started to feel bad when she peed her pants. When really helped her, I think that’s why we tried to over sell it when she did cause she was so hard on herself for only being like 3yrs old lol

• Like 2

On 3/28/2019 at 7:30 AM, Kiwibrown said:

Aside from what @buno67 said about positive reinforcement (potty treat M&Ms for the win!), I also did the "race you to the bathroom to see who goes first" method, and it has worked well too. 

For the initial, we got the potty seat hard plastic over/inserts so she was comfortable sitting there on her own and doing her business. We also got a "squatty potty" for the living room/family room/wherever so that she could run over and do her business there. It's not fun to clean out, but it does dump right into a regular potty. Have clorox wipes on hand for the #2 stuff. Sometimes, in a pinch, we'd have a "picnic" as a family and eat there while she was on the potty in front of the TV (usually a last resort). She'd eat, then go, we'd celebrate, reward with a potty treat, etc.

Buying her some "special underwear" with her favorite princess figures on it helped. She didn't want to have an accident in them/ruin them, because then we'd have to throw them out, which she hates.

• Like 1

My oldest early in the process asked me what she had to do to wear big girl pants.

All I had to do was explain the process and its purposes.

When she was about 3 (I think) she wanted to do something (can't remember what), I asked her what made her think that she could do it and her answer was: I learned to use the toilet so that I could wear big girl pants. I can learn to do this.

On 4/04/2019 at 9:26 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

@Kiwibrown, @hornbybrown

Just want to let you two gents know that I can truly appreciate what you go through to be a Browns fan.  I have been up since 4 a.m. to watch the Geelong Cats/ Adelaide Crows footy game on the WatchAFL app.  Game kicks off at 4:50 a.m.  

Mad props to the two of you.  

Image result for respect gif

Did they win? 

There is nothing like starting your week at 5am with the browns losing a 20 point lead to the ravens. Tired and disappointed.

• Like 1