Redskins 5-2. Boy was I wrong

Doc Draper

14 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Their pass rush looked pretty good early tonight. Unlike Atlanta we don’t do the whole throw the ball downfield thing so we should be good with that

Yeah, we need to bully them in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Easier said than done against Snacks Harrison and the other other Bama boy though.

Giants defense is very susceptible to jet sweep and RPO. I've seen that play that we have now where the wide receiver curls back in the backfield on running plays and that will be wide open if they pitch it to him especially with big wide receivers who are blocking on the edges.  Alex also has to actually pass once on the RPO 

5 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

This game wasn’t as close as the score. I know smith gets hammered but he isn’t losing games and with our defense and with mvp ap we have a successful formula

At the same time, the offense seems unable to make the score look more like how the game actually went.

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

This game wasn’t as close as the score. I know smith gets hammered but he isn’t losing games and with our defense and with mvp ap we have a successful formula

I only hope that the second half of the season provides us with a more comfortable Jay Gruden/Alex Smith relationship so we can start exploiting more of our playbook.

Smith has to trust his receivers a little more and the receivers have to provide him with reasons to throw into coverage. Obviously missing wide open targets like Sprinkle last week and Reed this week, needs to not happen. We need to find the right recipe for success in our passing game to couple with this potent running attack.

Archived