Week 7 MNF Giants @ Falcons

Malik

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Damn, we may actually be able to keep him out of the HOF if we keep seeing sorry career marks like this. 

Unfortunately, he's going to the HoF regardless. He don't deserve it but just solely based on his last name and Superbowl story lines (beating the unbeatable) all but confirms it. 

Here’s the problem with Eli missing throws. The offense is not good enough to overcome it. If you miss one opportunity it’s gonna haunt us. No excuse to miss Odell in the back of the end zone and I can see why ppl say he should’ve hit Odell on that play action roll out though I think his first read was corner route by the TE. Odell should’ve caught that 2pt conversion though.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

I hope to god he does. Everything else aside, I can't imagine that he gets in the HOF with a below .500 win percentage.

Won't matter either way. He's getting in. Might possibly be the worst "player' ever inducted into the HOF, not just QB but player. 

His overall numbers are absurd!

9 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I agree 100% i was confused at first on the 2 point call but you’re 1-5, screw it. He took a chance to get a big momentum swing, it didn’t work, so be it.

That 3rd down pass to Barkley was horrific, one of the worst calls I’ve seen in a while. 

Also, the statistics say go for it if you are down 14 with not much time left. If you kick the extra point both times, you have about a 95-ish% chance of tying and a ~5% chance of losing. If you go for 2 and your 2 point make rate is about the league average, ~50%, you end up with something like 50% to tie, 25% to win, 25% to lose. There are multiple articles about it.

Also I saw apparently the RG Greco was supposed to be the lead blocker on that Barkley swing, but couldn't get out in time. Still, it was 1 blocker against 3 guys. Horrible, horrible call, especially against zone. Eli has to be as aggressive checking out of that as he was in checking into 2 horrible QB sneaks from the 1.5 yard line.

The game was just as ugly as all other Giants games have been this year, but you might hear more about this one than others because it was primetime and some may see those calls at the end as questionable, although really only the QB sneaks were bad. It's crazy to me that I had been praising the left side of the line and Hernandez and especially Solder got punked multiple times while Greco and Wheeler played good games. So dumb. The Giants really suck.

Archived