Is Julio still the #2 WR in the league?

mdonnelly21

2nd Best WR in the league.  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best WR behind AB

20 minutes ago, jarren said:

So let me get this straight, because I pointed out weaknesses of Ryan it means I would want Vick at QB because he excels at those two traits?

Lmao. 

That would be like a Chiefs fan saying Patrick Mahomes makes too many risky throws and then coming to the conclusion that they'd perfer Alex Smith at QB. 

How you come to that conclusion is just mind boggling and says alot about the way you interpret things. Not good.

Anyways you can stan all you want but the point remains, Ryan has left a deep TD on the field every game this season. Doesn't mean he isn't a good QB. Doesn't mean Vick would be better. It's just is what it is and the only reason I'm even pointing it out is because the discussion in this thread has lead to Julio's lack of TDs. 

as i already pointed out, julio did a crappy job tracking that ball. noy to mention norman tackling him at the end, but nope, its cause ryan threw the ball so high. as ive said, its a weak excuse. obj has eli, hopkins has watson, jumio has ryan... wonder who gets the nod in that group. does that mean theyre better than julio cause they have worse qbs... absolutely not, itd be an equally weak excuse. 

you pointing to key attributes vick had would mean you want a qb like vick... weird how i got to that. 

27 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you pointing to key attributes vick had would mean you want a qb like vick... weird how i got to that. 

Now you're just doubling down with your horrendous take. 

I pointed out two aspects of Ryan's game that are weaknesses. Just like the Mahomes example the conclusion you came too is lets just say "special". 

I refuse to waste my time with your constant strawman's and lack of reading comprehension.

Im done.

8 minutes ago, jarren said:

Now you're just doubling down with your horrendous take. 

I pointed out two aspects of Ryan's game that are weaknesses. Just like the Mahomes example the conclusion you came too is lets just say "special". 

I refuse to waste my time with your constant strawman's and lack of reading comprehension.

Im done.

bro... you literally posted an interview with him and a rapper (ti maybe) about how he wanted to play with culpepper and thats the kind of qb he needs (leaving out brady was mentioned in the next sentence). You realize your posts are saved right, took 3 minutes and the amount of ryan hate is laughable. Not a thing though. Keep up with the insults though... real classy. Dont know why its so hard to comprehend that when you say you want your qb to have a rocket arm and better mobility (although ryans pocket movement has been widely lauded, you must have some secret tape), it points to a vick like qb. Its like saying you want a guy with elite accuracy and a quick release and someone says so Brees?... no, not brees  just a quick release and elite accuracy. wtf would you bring up brees. not that hard to understand the logic there. 

On 2018-11-05 at 8:32 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

bro... you literally posted an interview with him and a rapper (ti maybe) about how he wanted to play with culpepper and thats the kind of qb he needs (leaving out brady was mentioned in the next sentence). You realize your posts are saved right, took 3 minutes and the amount of ryan hate is laughable. Not a thing though. Keep up with the insults though... real classy. Dont know why its so hard to comprehend that when you say you want your qb to have a rocket arm and better mobility (although ryans pocket movement has been widely lauded, you must have some secret tape), it points to a vick like qb. Its like saying you want a guy with elite accuracy and a quick release and someone says so Brees?... no, not brees  just a quick release and elite accuracy. wtf would you bring up brees. not that hard to understand the logic there. 

Ok last response but I cant help it lmao.

Again your reading comprehension is lacking.Surprise, surprise. 

My point of posting that video was just to show Ryan's lack of arm stength is frustrating Julio and him saying he would like to play with Culpepper was him venting those frustrations subconsciously (IMO). Especially with him saying "A QB with a big arm where he can throw it up and I can go get it" something Ryan has stuggled with which has costed him a bunch of TDs over his career (more than ever this season) and given Julio the label of someone who doesn't score TDs.

Never did I say he "needs" to play with Culpeper. Quote me on that. If you can't then it's just another example of your lack of reading comprehension. 

Also for the 1000x me pointing out Ryan's weaknesses doesnt mean I'm saying I want a QB who excels in those aspects of the game (That's such simple minded thinking). You're the one who's drawing those insane conclusions which leads you to create a strawman. 

Do Steelers fans who say a weakness of Big Ben is his risk taking mean they want Alex Smith as their QB? Obviously not. Smh

It's just pointing out a weakness. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Anyways this was fun. Im done for good now lol.

On 11/5/2018 at 5:25 PM, jarren said:

ANOTHER deep TD Julio should have had. Ryan underthrows it a bit causing Julio to adjust, slow down and allow Norman to catch up and draw the PI. The streak continues. Something the stats don't show.

You've provided good examples before, but I would say this is a bad example. The ball is pretty well thrown here. Although you could argue it could have been thrown a little more inside so Julio didn't have to track it directly over his head. 

On 11/5/2018 at 10:52 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

@jarren also, this has gotten way to far from the wr debate. no ones posting all the throws watson and eli missses, that would be insane and just a poor argument. wonder why that is but i just leave it alone.

No it's not. I'd say it's pretty self-evident Eli is holding Odell back. 

Every QB misses throws and every receiver leaves yards/TDs on the field. But some miss more consistently than others. 

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

You've provided good examples before, but I would say this is a bad example. The ball is pretty well thrown here. Although you could argue it could have been thrown a little more inside so Julio didn't have to track it directly over his head. 

The throw wasn't bad, definitely not as bad as the two other examples, however the way Julio had to track the ball it did cause him to slow down which allowed Norman make up a little room and tackle him. If the ball could have been thrown flatter and longer Julio doesn't have to break his stride and he scores. 

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Every QB misses throws and every receiver leaves yards/TDs on the field. But some miss more consistently than others. 

100%, not taking QBs into account when judging WRs is ludicrous. 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Wow. 

I think it's more the playcalling at fault rather than Matt Ryan. And also, the gap between McVay and Sark is way bigger than the gap between Goff and Ryan, and I'm a fan Goff and not a big fan of Ryan

2 hours ago, jarren said:
6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

100%, not taking QBs into account when judging WRs is ludicrous. 

By this logic, DeAndre Hopkins - who has posted All Pro seasons with the likes of Tom Savage, TJ Yates, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett and Brandon Weeden at QB - is #1. 

Archived