Week 8: New York Giants GDT

Ghostnote

28 minutes ago, rizzy said:

I didn't really believe in the Alex Smith is a winner narrative but he literally wins everywhere he goes he must be the luckiest QB ever. He isn't winning the games(AP and the defense is) but he isn't making a soul crushing mistake to lose the game like we have seen in the past.

True. But hes throwing INTs at about the same rate as the last few years. And his inability to move the ball in the air has it's own negative consequences that can be just as bad as a turnover.

3 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Dont think they can contain the Falcons offense. They couldn't contain New Orleans or Indy 

If Dunbar plays I think we can, I thought we did very well against the Colts outside of 3 drives. The only teams I don't think we can stop on defense is the Saints and Rams(I'll wait to see how we do against Wentz and the magical plays he seems to create against us)

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

If my memory is still intact. Ioannidis was cut after being drafted in round 5. Made it unclaimed to the practice squad and then back to the active roster . He could be in anyones unni.. other than us -scary thought. 

Good memory! Yeah, imagine that we got rid of him. Remember we once cut Nate Newton and Keenan McCardell

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

True. But hes throwing INTs at about the same rate as the last few years. And his inability to move the ball in the air has it's own negative consequences that can be just as bad as a turnover.

Yeah I am wondering if it is just a mindset thing and the players are more confident in him and are making more crucial plays. It could also just be we are getting lucky Engram drop all the Packers drops Cowboys missed fg etc. We will have to see as the season progresses.

My gut says there's some regression to the mean, unless we can pick up our offense a little bit, but our defense is elite. I just hope Alex starts to feel a little more comfortable and picks up his play a bit. I'm not expecting a top 10 guy in the league, but we need him to play like a middle of the pack guy, rather than someone in the bottom 3rd.

14 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Doctson- I’ve really hammered him and he’s turned in two very good games blocking and catching

I may catch a ton of flak for this, but: could Doctson be a poor man's Monk/Garcon? Not a guy who is going to beat you deep, but will grind out those first downs/block downfield for runs? This means he'll never be a #1, but could be a very useful #2.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We still have Perine who is inactive each week and we have Mack Brown on the practice squad. We do not need another running back.

The fact that A) Perine is inactive each week and B) Brown is still on the practice squad means Redskins do need another running back since the implication is that the coaching staff trusts neither gentleman to handle the carries.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He definitely missed Richardson for a TD. I was watching on the app at an event so I missed some but he definitely missed some things he should’ve hit.

That wasn't a miss; that was a "should have been an easy interception for the safety because Smith just chucked it up on a hope and a prayer."

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

If my memory is still intact. Ioannidis was cut after being drafted in round 5. Made it unclaimed to the practice squad and then back to the active roster . He could be in anyones unni.. other than us -scary thought. 

What is weird is that per both Spotrac and OverTheCap he is still signed under his rookie contract, i.e. a 4 year deal. Usually when you waive a drafted player, that player's rookie contract goes "poof" (accelerating the signing bonus monies) and you sign them at a 3 year deal. That would in turn mean that Ioannidis would be a RFA this offseason.

If the Redskins tagged him at an entry round tender, it's a near lock he would be tendered a deal. I think he would be tendered a deal even at a second round tender, and possibly at the first round level. If that were to happen, I think you let him go (especially if he was tendered at the first round level). It's painful to consider, but it would certainly make more sense than waiting until 2021 to collect a potential compensatory pick.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

What is weird is that per both Spotrac and OverTheCap he is still signed under his rookie contract, i.e. a 4 year deal. Usually when you waive a drafted player, that player's rookie contract goes "poof" (accelerating the signing bonus monies) and you sign them at a 3 year deal. That would in turn mean that Ioannidis would be a RFA this offseason.

If the Redskins tagged him at an entry round tender, it's a near lock he would be tendered a deal. I think he would be tendered a deal even at a second round tender, and possibly at the first round level. If that were to happen, I think you let him go (especially if he was tendered at the first round level). It's painful to consider, but it would certainly make more sense than waiting until 2021 to collect a potential compensatory pick.

Man I don't even want to think Allen would screw this also and let the Greek go.  Seriously you don't break up that DL when you have 3 young studs playing at this level.  

3 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

My gut says there's some regression to the mean, unless we can pick up our offense a little bit, but our defense is elite. I just hope Alex starts to feel a little more comfortable and picks up his play a bit. I'm not expecting a top 10 guy in the league, but we need him to play like a middle of the pack guy, rather than someone in the bottom 3rd.

I would be ecstatic. I WANT to cheer my QB doing well.

Go to YouTube and watch Peterson's 64 yd TD run. Scherff is getting credit for an awesome block, pulling out and sealing off the edge . God, Vince Lombardi is smiling ! BUTTTT, watch Sprinkle ( 87 ) seal off the entire back side and kill any pursuit TWO incredible blocks-Great coaching and execution ! 

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Go to YouTube and watch Peterson's 64 yd TD run. Scherff is getting credit for an awesome block, pulling out and sealing off the edge . God, Vince Lombardi is smiling ! BUTTTT, watch Sprinkle ( 87 ) seal off the entire back side and kill any pursuit TWO incredible blocks-Great coaching and execution ! 

Thanks. Didn't know it was up yet. Will check it out when I get a moment. Sprinkle has been a breath of fresh air in the running game this year

11 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Man. I just looked at it. He slipped on initial contact and then blocked 2 guys while on his left knee.

Did you see Chase getting the block on Tae Davis (#58) that freed him up? Without Chase pushing him back 3 yards, that's a short gain for Adrian. He was able to push the LB straight back and MVP angled down. And it was all he needed at that point. 

Without Sprinkle and our pulling OL, that play goes nowhere.

Archived