Early Bird or Night Owl

Dome

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Must never had a kid or two jobs. 

Or a hobby.

I mean it’s hard for me to find a reason to sleep for more than 7 hours. Happens maybe once a week. I got stuff I wanna do.

42 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Sleeping for extended periods of time would be easier without sleep apnea. I’m up several times per hour. And don’t have the gosh dang insurance to get a machine thingy

how long have you worked at that place now? No insurance there?

49 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Sleeping for extended periods of time would be easier without sleep apnea. I’m up several times per hour. And don’t have the gosh dang insurance to get a machine thingy

You just have bad gas. Farting wakes you up.

2 hours ago, Dome said:

Or a hobby.

I mean it’s hard for me to find a reason to sleep for more than 7 hours. Happens maybe once a week. I got stuff I wanna do.

Never had a kid or two jobs, so that probably helps, but I don't see how a hobby should take away from your sleep. Prefacing this by saying I don't ALWAYS get a good nights rest/a solid 8 hours, but I try to (most of the time).

~8 hours of sleep and ~8 hours of work leaves ~8 hours to do whatever you want with the rest of your day (going to the gym, spending time with your significant other, watching TV, playing video games, taking your dog for a walk, playing basketball, etc.) Obviously you may not be able to do every single one in the same day (i.e. play video games, gym, watch TV AND play basketball), but that's why you moderate your time throughout the week and divide it up accordingly.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what hobby would be so time consuming that you couldn't do it within the time frame of 8 hours within a given day?

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what hobby would be so time consuming that you couldn't do it within the time frame of 8 hours within a given day?

It's not really about the time commitment. It's more about prioritizing things I want to do more than sleep.

Just now, Tyty said:

They do but they only do it at the start of each year I heard 

You heard?

That's probably something you'd want to follow up on and get a concrete answer dude. Sleep apnea takes it's toll on ya, no reason to wait if you don't absolutely have to. 

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

But like what? (I'm genuinely curious)

I guess I'm just not understanding why you couldn't do things you enjoy AND get a good night's sleep?

I guess I just don't understand what you're asking.... 

I do get a good night's sleep. I just don't need much sleep. I can do fine on 5-6 hours and that's usually about what I get. 

There's never been something you wanted to do more than sleep? I'm sure there has been a time where you didn't get a full 8 hours of sleep cause you wanted to do something else instead and prioritized that over sleep. 

Well, for me, most things are preferable to sleep. 

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

I guess I just don't understand what you're asking.... 

I do get a good night's sleep. I just don't need much sleep. I can do fine on 5-6 hours and that's usually about what I get. 

There's never been something you wanted to do more than sleep? I'm sure there has been a time where you didn't get a full 8 hours of sleep cause you wanted to do something else instead and prioritized that over sleep. 

Well, for me, most things are preferable to sleep. 

I guess if you're talking about having gone to sleep late and having to wake up early because there were other priorities to tend to, I completely understand that. That's just a fact of life.

I'm just saying, personally, if I can help it I'd rather cut short binge watching something, playing video games, etc the night before so I can get a full 8 hours of sleep before I wake up in the morning and do whatever I have to do. And really for me that's just b/c I've learned over time I'm just a much more productive individual throughout the day when I get a full 8 hours vs when I do not. But different strokes for different folks I guess.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I'm just saying, personally, if I can help it I'd rather cut short binge watching something, playing video games, etc the night before so I can get a full 8 hours of sleep before I wake up in the morning and do whatever I have to do. And really for me that's just b/c I've learned over time I'm just a much more productive individual throughout the day when I get a full 8 hours vs when I do not. But different strokes for different folks I guess.

I get this. I guess it's just different based on what you need.

I could do all the things I need to do, and a lot of the things I want to do, and get 8 hours of sleep.

But what I prefer is to do all the things I need to do, and a lot of thing things I want to do, and get about 6 hours of sleep.

Just more time for unspecified other-things I guess. 

Archived