Early Bird or Night Owl

Dome

Night owl. Iv always been more of a night owl and the last 3+ years iv worked nights. I usually go to sleep 5-7am when I’m not working. When I work it depends on the load I have, usually I get back early but sometimes not until about Noon. I honestly don’t know anyone that maintains a night schedule quite like I do when they aren’t working.

Used to be a night owl. Adulting has made me more of an early bird. 

I guess it depends on your definition of each. I get up at 6:15 for work every morning, but I am usually up by 7:30 or 8 on weekends. I don't really make it past 10:30 or 11 anymore, and when I go out, it's a struggle to midnight. 

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, Dome said:

Like most mornings, it was still dark when I woke up this morning. It’s my favorite part of the day, I wake up without an alarm between 4-6am even though my alarm is set for 7:30 just in case. I’ve always woke up this early, all the way back in HS I would wake up naturally about 4:30 most morning. As long as I get 5 hours of sleep I feel pretty good, so it’s not too hard to get to bed by 11pm or so. 

Any other “early birds” or morning people out there? Or does the idea disgust a night owl?

tumblr_o908gvhyKe1ty8mi0o7_r1_400.gif

It appears that the definitions that people have for being a night owl vs. an early bird are very different. Personally, it's not about the time that you ACTUALLY wake up, but more about what you would be doing without an obligation to be somewhere. A good indication to me is which way you would rather lose sleep voluntarily. Some people get up well before work and lazily get ready for work. Other, like me, would rather get the extra morning sleep and would rather stay up later in the night and lose some time that way. I can still stay up late and have fun now, but it is a major struggle for me to wake up earlier than normal.

Always been a night owl.  I have to force myself to go to bed around 3-4a.   I hate it when I’ve got some serious creative momentum going and I want to keep working on whatever project I’m doing but I know that my youngest is going to wake me up around 8a.  I’ve always been my most productive after midnight.  

Archived