Early Bird or Night Owl

Dome

Like most mornings, it was still dark when I woke up this morning. It’s my favorite part of the day, I wake up without an alarm between 4-6am even though my alarm is set for 7:30 just in case. I’ve always woke up this early, all the way back in HS I would wake up naturally about 4:30 most morning. As long as I get 5 hours of sleep I feel pretty good, so it’s not too hard to get to bed by 11pm or so. 

Any other “early birds” or morning people out there? Or does the idea disgust a night owl?

19 minutes ago, Dome said:

Like most mornings, it was still dark when I woke up this morning. It’s my favorite part of the day, I wake up without an alarm between 4-6am even though my alarm is set for 7:30 just in case. I’ve always woke up this early, all the way back in HS I would wake up naturally about 4:30 most morning. As long as I get 5 hours of sleep I feel pretty good, so it’s not too hard to get to bed by 11pm or so. 

Any other “early birds” or morning people out there? Or does the idea disgust a night owl?

I’m usually both lol. I tend to stay up until about 2 and wake up at 6:30

I was a night owl from like 12 to 25, would always sleep anywhere from 3-6am and wake up 11am-2pm. I turned into a morning person randomly around 26. I wake up around 5:30 at the earliest and 7 at the latest. I’m in bed usually around 11 or 12. 

I use to HATE mornings. Now I love them tbh. I love waking up, getting out of bed right away, and getting my morning coffee and being productive.

As a night owl I’d always wanna just stay in bed for like an hour even though I was awake. Can’t remember the last time I wanted to stay in bed after I woke up. 

3 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I'm typically a night owl. I'll be up until 1am sometimes because I just can't sleep.

My current sleep schedule is none though because of a new puppy and the house/moving.

I’d hardly consider staying up til 1am a night owl. You’re still getting up around 9. You’re a bit of a tweener but more of an early bird.

25 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

same.

if i can throw in a nap from 3 pm to 5 pm this works out perfectly

I’ll do that on my days off, I can do 3-4 hours sleep with a nap and be great

Ive tried doing it at work, but that hour lunch just isn’t long enough lol

Early bird during the weekdays, definitely. I like to be at the gym between 6AM-7AM. I go to bed somewhat early on the weekdays.

I actually find myself waking up naturally at 6am on weekends now, which kinda sucks because the gym doesn't open until 8am on weekends. I'd love to be able to sleep in, though. I usually find myself taking a nap in the late morning time.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d hardly consider staying up til 1am a night owl. You’re still getting up around 9. You’re a bit of a tweener but more of an early bird.

When you have to be at work by 8am, 1am is late. I used to stay up until 3am or later regularly, but I can't function on 4 hours of sleep a night anymore.

Archived