Kareem Hunt

Chiefer

Should be in comparisons, not gen. @The LBC want to fix that?

I think he's up there. He definitely got forgotten a little bit with how slow he started the season. Him, the run blocking, and Reid's involvement of Hunt in the gameplan were all kind of meh the first two or three weeks. Didn't get him involved in the passing game at all for awhile. Now that he has been, and he's gotten rolling, he looks even better than last year. 3rd in rushing yards, 2nd in total touchdowns. Got a solid argument for the back half of top 5, IMO. Behind Gurley for sure. Likely Elliott too. But I think it gets a little murky after that depending on how you value/criticize certain things. Bell's absence, Barkley's inexperience. How much you like Kamara's passing contributions. How legit you think Gordon's uptick in production is. I could see him as high as 3rd or 4th. No lower than like 7th, for me, though.

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Not when he was suppose to sit out the last week. But that’s neither here or there. We all know in our hearts that had Todd played week 17, it was his. 

Hunt still had fewer carries on the year than Gurley. Had Gurley played week 17, he only would've gotten it because of a bigger lead in carries. And Hunt barely played week 17 as is. Just the 1 carry to cement it.

Gurley took YFS. Hunt took the rushing crown. That's appropriate for how each played last year, IMO.

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

He lead the NFL in rushing most of the year, and got the rushing title in the end. He earned it.

I don’t think he didn’t earn it, the fact is he wouldn’t have won had Gurley played Week 17. It’s like the batting title in baseball. Some managers take their players out towards the end of the season just to make sure they get it. Is it fair? No but that’s how it goes. So Hunt worked hard for the season but Gurley was the leader heading into Week 17 and McVay said he wasn’t playing and Hunt did play and he won. Simply put. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Hunt is top 10 for sure but what do y’all think about a healthy Ware as the starter in KC? Is he a top 10-12 back too?

No. Ware is a decently talented back, and was productive for us in 2016, but Hunt is a far better after contact runner. Ware's peak would be as a mid-range starter, I'd say. Which does leave him as one of the better backup RBs in the league. But Hunt brings something special in terms of balance, lower body strength, and ability to run through contact, where Ware doesn't really have any elite physical traits like that.

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I don’t think he didn’t earn it, the fact is he wouldn’t have won had Gurley played Week 17. It’s like the batting title in baseball. Some managers take their players out towards the end of the season just to make sure they get it. Is it fair? No but that’s how it goes. So Hunt worked hard for the season but Gurley was the leader heading into Week 17 and McVay said he wasn’t playing and Hunt did play and he won. Simply put. 

He might have, though. He was only 13 yards behind going into that week. Had they both played the entirety of week 17, it was basically a tossup. It was not a gimme that Gurley would've kept it.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

He might have, though. He was only 13 yards behind going into that week. Had they both played the entirety of week 17, it was basically a tossup. It was not a gimme that Gurley would've kept it.

It was against the Niners at home. Hard to imagine he wouldn’t specially since he was gashing Atl in the post season game. 

Archived