2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah, it makes it very difficult, I was hoping for 4 years 45 million, not 4 years 60 million. 

Does Dan Snyder actually look at the market or does he just have a few drinks and start throwing crap at walls with the offers he makes. I would be willing to bet you could have offered him 10m less in that deal and he still would have taken it

And yes, Randall just got way more expensive to resign, which is why it should have been done a week ago before the market could reset itself.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

*insert person not signed in last 4 hours* looks like a solid bargain.

That is true but if the Vernon deal wasn’t made a lot of people wanted the browns to be a part of landing one of the top DEs in the market. I’m alluding to the deals some of the potential guys got as well like Fowler getting $14m. 

As the Market gets "reshaped"....remember, the salary cap has been going up 5-7%+ every year. With a rookie wage scale being tempered due to Sam Bradford and JaMarcus Russell getting 100 million contracts as rookies that didn't do nothing. Market reshaping was pretty much designed by the owners way before this year. They'd rather pay a mediocre sometimes a Pro Bowl player than a Jamarcus Russell. So these deals are going to happen until the end of days.

This has been a good FA period for us so far. Bengals overpaying bad players. Steelers getting worse in trades. Top players going to the NFC or non-contenders. Let’s stay away from the overpaying cap hell. So long as our competition isn’t the one making the good moves and we resign our own guys to their deals, I’m good. Lets get those supplemental role players to fill things out and compete and maybe bring in one plus-starter. Resign Randall and JoeSho and call it a win. 

• Like 3