2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m in the minority with Mosley I guess. Don’t want to shovel big money his way with Schobert not even locked up long term. I think I’d prefer we bring in a mid level FA LB that can play in our system as preferred to being tied to a long-term expensive deal there. Then take a LB sometime rounds 2-4 assuming no Devin White. 

Where do you rank both as far as 4-3 LBs go in the league?

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Where do you rank both as far as 4-3 LBs go in the league?

Mosley is probably more impactful than Schobert and is probably near the top 5 in the role he’s played. Schobert is probably somewhere around 12-15 but can defend the pass, plays within the system, and is very versatile. 

I’d love to have both around but the money being thrown around right now just makes me think that money long-term might be spent better elsewhere. Or, if we do sign him, that surely puts the last nail in Kirksey’s coffin here. You can’t throw big change at 3 LBs. 

Edited by NateDawg

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Mosley is probably more impactful than Schobert and is probably near the top 5 in the role he’s played. Schobert is probably somewhere around 12-15 but can defend the pass, plays within the system, and is very versatile. 

I’d love to have both around but the money being thrown around right now just makes me think that money long-term might be spent better elsewhere. Or, if we do sign him, that surely puts the last nail in Kirksey’s coffin here. You can’t throw big change at 3 LBs. 

Push comes to shove, do we prefer Mosley to Schobert?

I mean, he isn’t Dorsey’s guy.

But the big question is if we are indeed doing that two LB and a S/LB hybrid deal or not. That matters a lot for the conversation, IMO.

Also, Mosley would be an easy choice to throw the bank at if it was in a combo of trading Schobert for late first'ish value.

Edited by NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s what he played in college iirc.

Maybe?

I think a LB Corp of Scho-Kirksey-Mosely would be damn good

i think moving Scho out of the middle makes him better because he isn’t taking on as many blocks and he can make more plays in space

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

But the big question is if we are indeed doing that two LB and a S/LB hybrid deal or not. That matters a lot for the conversation, IMO.

Eh, Mosley is better than anyone we have by a wide margin.

4x Pro Bowler, 4x All Pro (2nd team).  He’s a legit stud.  Kirksey and Schobert are nice players, but replaceable imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I think a LB Corp of Scho-Kirksey-Mosely would be damn good

i think moving Scho out of the middle makes him better because he isn’t taking on as many blocks and he can make more plays in space

I don’t care where he plays, he’s gonna have to learn to tackle more efficiently.

Dude missed a ton of tackles last season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m in the minority with Mosley I guess. Don’t want to shovel big money his way with Schobert not even locked up long term. I think I’d prefer we bring in a mid level FA LB that can play in our system as preferred to being tied to a long-term expensive deal there. Then take a LB sometime rounds 2-4 assuming no Devin White. 

I'm right there with you. I'd actually prefer to get a guy like Anthony Barr as an off ball LB to replace Collins, than throw big money at a mostly one dimensional ILB. Wilks likes guys with a bit more range that can cover. Obviously CJ is no slouch, but his specialty is in the run game. Do we need the help? Absolutely, but Joe has the middle locked down IMO. We need OLB's that have some range. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t care where he plays, he’s gonna have to learn to tackle more efficiently.

Dude missed a ton of tackles last season.

I’m thinking him playing in space will help him become a better tackler, but maybe I’m just crazy lol