2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

The Jets added a LOT of salary and somehow still haven't figured out a way to either:

1. Protect Sam Darnold

2. Give Sam Darnold weapons

So, aside from the fact that they're likely to Jets this thing and kill his career before he has a legitimate chance, I'd see them going OT or overdrafting a WR early in the draft. JMHO

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

The Jets added a LOT of salary and somehow still haven't figured out a way to either:

1. Protect Sam Darnold

So, aside from the fact that they're likely to Jets this thing and kill his career before he has a legitimate chance, I'd see them going OT or overdrafting a WR early in the draft. JMHO

Lots of talk about LeVeon.

Theyre going full on teenage girl with daddy’s credit card.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

1. Protect Sam Darnold

They overpaid a couple of mediocre WRs

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lots of talk about LeVeon.

Theyre going full on teenage girl with daddy’s credit card.

They're making a legit attempt to out Raiders the Raiders

2 minutes ago, zelbell said:

They overpaid a couple of mediocre WRs

Yeah, but like I said, I wouldn't call those guys "weapons".

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There hasn’t been a single deal yet that has made me think, damn I wish we signed him to that deal.

Only one so far that is even close is the Malik Jackson, still would have been iffy. 

Still like Dorsey’s approach. Use FA to sign depth guys and maybe find a starter or two, where your not massively over paying. Save your money to resign your own guys. 

Just now, buno67 said:

Only one so far that is even close is the Malik Jackson, still would have been iffy. 

Still like Dorsey’s approach. Use FA to sign depth guys and maybe find a starter or two, where your not massively over paying. Save your money to resign your own guys. 

Yeah there’s no benefit in getting into these bidding wars.  

You’re literally paying top of the market value for guys other teams thought they could let go.

Just saw the Mosely and Barr deals and threw up everywhere. This is why Dorsey is credited at being a genius. Doesn't overpay and takes calculated risks on potential 1st round busts who need a change of scenery to get on track. This is why I think Roby will be the one we get. Dude was a stud and was apart of Denver's no fly zone when they were going for rings. Bring him home and hopefully he can get back on track.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah there’s no benefit in getting into these bidding wars.  

You’re literally paying top of the market value for guys other teams thought they could let go.

In NBA and MLB you can sign a top tier guy in FA. In The NFL, you aren’t, unless that dude has major baggage. In the NFL you don’t see those guys ever hit the market. So if you are signing these guys to huge deals, like you said, you are paying way too much for them. 

I have Dorsey trade a lower pick for players the. Sign they bad deals. 

Rumors im hearing is after how the AB stuff worked out. That the Giants might be more willing to trade OBJ because if they do it now they can get the best value for him. If they have a bad year next year, he can force his way out and the giants lose a lot of value. Hopefully Dorsey just slows play it and doesn’t show the Giants any of his cards.