DeSean Jackson?

LETSGOBROWNIES

As is tradition here in the Browns forum, whenever a vet becomes available we must rationalize why we need them.

I got this one bros.

I think Jackson would be a great get for us as he gives us someone who can stretch a defense and open things up for Landry underneath.

Yes he’s older, but he’s only under contract for this year and next, which should give guys like Calloway and Ratley some time to develop and Dorsey some time to bring in some more talent via the draft.

As far as the price, I’m good with a 4.

What say you ladies?  Interested?  At what price?

1 minute ago, hornbybrown said:

Wouldn’t say no if it’s for a 4th. We just don’t need a diva so I would want to be confident he won’t be a problem 

I’d be just fine with a diva if he was making plays.

Calloway and Ratley ain’t gonna get it done, they need to bring in someone.

Just now, Powertower said:

Wouldn't be a good fit. Older and we arent winning right now.  Only transaction Dorsey needs to worry about is handing hue his walking papers.   Until that happens anything we do in my opinion is moot 

We could use some age iyam.  We have 4 wr and 2 of them are rookies.  A third is Breshad Perriman, and he’s worse than a rookie.

A year and a half rental to give our QB and opportunity to succeed hardly seems moot.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be just fine with a diva if he was making plays.

Calloway and Ratley ain’t gonna get it done, they need to bring in someone.

Definitely agree our WR’s suck...

hell i I would almost see if Coleman has learnt a thing or two about effort needed since being cut three times this year

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No lie, so would I, this group is terrible/too young.

I would call him and ask him one question.

”you have been cut three times this season what have you learnt from it.

If you like the answer and feel it’s sincere bring him back. If you don’t like it don’t bring him back  

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We could use some age iyam.  

Sure he'd be another vet and take the lid off.  I'm not opposed to Jackson.  But what is he gonna do that suddenly makes us a winner?   The line doesn't block well enough for a bunch of long developing plays.  

I really just want rid of Hue.  You do that you can trade for anyone and I will be happy. 

6 minutes ago, Powertower said:

Sure he'd be another vet and take the lid off.  I'm not opposed to Jackson.  But what is he gonna do that suddenly makes us a winner?

Winner? Idk, but he helps the offense.  He won’t fix the coaching though.

The line doesn't block well enough for a bunch of long developing plays.  

Once teams can no longer pin their ears back that should ease up.

I really just want rid of Hue.  You do that you can trade for anyone and I will be happy. 

Me too.

26 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I am in for Jackson. Brought him up awhile ago. He was my #2 deadline target behind Damon Harrison. 

I would go as high as the Patriots 3rd round pick.

This 

but man these are just wishes I don’t even like thinking about it 

Archived