SNF: Saints @ Vikings

Small Town Values

Who gets the (W)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the (W)

• Saints
    • Vikes

18 hours ago, Raves said:

Well a big part of that was that the Vikings sold out to prevent anything more than 10 yards on a throw which is why Kamara and all the screens ate you guys alive.  But it did allow you guys to limit the amount of points that could have been given up so it's still a positive.

The RBs combined for 10 catches for 60 yards. I wouldn't call that eating anyone alive. Rushed for 106, but on 29 carries that's still not impressive.

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

The RBs combined for 10 catches for 60 yards. I wouldn't call that eating anyone alive. Rushed for 106, but on 29 carries that's still not impressive.

As I had been saying, the score doesn't reflect how we played on offense.  It wasn't a great offensive performance by us at all.  In fact, it was one of our worst this year. The two turnovers directly contributed to points.  One carried a potential 14 point swing and one was a pick 6.

But it's encouraging that we can still win against a good team on the road with our offense playing like that.

6 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

There were also a lot of underneath catches by WRs that helped account for it.  With both your CBs healthy and able to play up on their man, the Saints offense might've been even more hindered than it was.  Instead the Saints got to move the ball a bit due to not always being contested underneath.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

When healthy he's awesome. Unfortunately he hasn't been healthy since last season.

Yeah, I wasn’t a big fan of his at FSU and I don’t think he showed anything exceptional last year but I’m by no means a scouting expert. Thing he’s in that Mark Ingram tier of guys. Pretty good but is certainly replaceable.

30 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, I wasn’t a big fan of his at FSU and I don’t think he showed anything exceptional last year but I’m by no means a scouting expert. Thing he’s in that Mark Ingram tier of guys. Pretty good but is certainly replaceable.

I think he's closer to average in terms of talent and ability but he's had maybe 2-3 impressive games in his 1.5 year career. I'm always hesitant against college RBs with a ton of production and touches in college, just wonder if being the workhorse for years in college is impacting his ability to stay healthy at the next level. I don't think he was hit directly on his knee when he tore it if I recall.

9 hours ago, doomer said:

Last 3 times have been @ US Bank. Different story in the Superdome -- i guarantee it!

I agree.  That win was a big one for you guys when it comes to playoff seeding.  If we get the chance to play you again, it will definitely have to be at your place.  I hope it happens, no matter where it takes place though.

Archived