QB of the Future

Lil' Shorty

23 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Saints gave up a 3rd for him. Are they going to let him walk? 

Brees has another 2-3 years there for sure. But they might re-sign Teddy for a backup. Even though Taysom Hill is a beast, I don't think they're comfortable with him alone as the regular backup QB. 

See that’s what I was thinking but Teddy doesn’t have to re sign and the Saints sure as heck won’t franchise him so why wouldn’t you walk for a starting gig if one was being offered for good money?

I think the knee was alright if I remember a report from preseason but I could be completely making that up.

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

See that’s what I was thinking but Teddy doesn’t have to re sign and the Saints sure as heck won’t franchise him so why wouldn’t you walk for a starting gig if one was being offered for good money?

I think the knee was alright if I remember a report from preseason but I could be completely making that up.

He looked pretty nimble in the preseason.

5 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

I wouldn't say that he's turnover prone, granted Jameis has skewed our thoughts on that. 

Carr through his career has a 2.1% INT %, Winston is 3.2.  Winston has 2 more INT's than Carr in 900 less attempts. 

Same amount of Fumbles

Here's some comparison stats as well.

Cmp % Carr 62.4 / Winston 61.2

YPG Carr 242.3 / WInston 261.6

Also keeping in mind that Carr in 20 more games.

While he isn't as big of a concern with turnover as Winston is, he still hasn't been the same player since the injury, he plays scared but this last week he seemed a little more confident.  It might be that he needs a new change of scenery.  Not sure he's the long term answer, feel like we would just always hover around a 8/9 win seasons with him.  Won't win games for us but wouldn't really lose them us like Winston. 

Guess I haven't really seen enough of Carr lately... Was it 2015 he was the leading MVP candidate before the injury? 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Saints didnt trade a third with the intent of not keeping Teddy. We need to find a stop gap thats realisitic. 

I hear what you are saying, but they can’t force him to stay unless they franchise tag him and that isn’t happening. If Teddy wants a second chance at being a franchise starter and his agent knows a handful of teams in free agency that will pay Teddy and give him that shot, why would he stay? New Orleans can’t out bid that. Correction, won’t out bid that. It just comes down to if Teddy wants a shot to start 16 games next season or not.

11 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I hear what you are saying, but they can’t force him to stay unless they franchise tag him and that isn’t happening. If Teddy wants a second chance at being a franchise starter and his agent knows a handful of teams in free agency that will pay Teddy and give him that shot, why would he stay? New Orleans can’t out bid that. Correction, won’t out bid that. It just comes down to if Teddy wants a shot to start 16 games next season or not.

Good point. I’m just not sure on Teddy B yet. Depends how much he is looking for contract wise. And who is our OC next year? Im a fan of Koetter air raid offense but if he is retained barring an 8-8 ending; dont think Teddy B is a good fit. His deep ball isn’t pretty.

I think it is great the discussion on Teddy B, who has made a marvelous come back.  However, is there any GM/HC duo that is going into a season (September '19) when there is a good chance he won't have any meaningful regular season snaps since January 10, 2016?  I mean there is a chance he may start a game at the end of the year if the Saints clinch early,  I just think the league views Teddy strictly as a backup.  

So here’s what I think we should do. 

It wouldn’t hurt to take a flyer on a guy like Easton stick or Ryan finely in the 2nd or 3rd round. See if you’re lucky. Give Jameis competition or fitzpatrick. 

And then put all your eggs in one basket. Trade McCoy and djax for picks in 2020. 

Archived