NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't think Wiggins is gonna help you get #4. 

You might get to #4 with #11 and two future 1sts

Oh I realize that. I wondered how much he'd add to our cost since he has a horrible contract and is a sixth man.

51 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Barrett is such a flawed prospect. If they pay that premium to jump New York, and don't select Ja, they'll go back to being the laughing stock of the NBA in a few years when Barrett is a role player and Ja is making All-Star games.

I agree 100%. If we jumped to #2 and don't take Ja, I riot.

7 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I agree 100%. If we jumped to #2 and don't take Ja, I riot.

I agree. if they jump to 2 they take Morant. But if they trade with the Knickerbockers they pick at 3 and Barrett

13 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Warriors buy pick #41 from ATL. Also give a future 2nd

That's 2 that Atlanta has sold now. Detroit got #44.

I hope Memphis buys 1.

I also love that the Lakers still haven't gotten one.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

He is super young and an elite scorer. I feel confident that he will be an Allstar in the future.

If they trade up to #2 I don't see them selecting Barrett though

What aspect of scoring is he elite at?

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

every aspect except long distance shooting.

I'd argue he's elite at nothing. He's not an elite athlete who plays above the rim. He's not an efficient scorer and has poor shot selection/very selfish tendencies. He's not a great shooter from midrange, the FT line or from deep. He's super one dimensional because he can't go right at all and always finishes with his left.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Barrett is such a flawed prospect. If they pay that premium to jump New York, and don't select Ja, they'll go back to being the laughing stock of the NBA in a few years when Barrett is a role player and Ja is making All-Star games.

So much hate on the man but he'll thrive in the NBA. He came to Duke a year early and was surrounded by non-shooters so he was forced to take 2x as many 3's as he should have within the flow of our offense. 

You say Barrett is a flawed prospect but then fail to point out that Ja's a questionable shooter, extremely turnover prone, and terrible defensively. He played one of the 10 easiest schedules in college basketball and is set to become only the 2nd player in the modern draft era to average 5+ TO per game and be selected in the lottery. Will the shooting translate to the next level? Not sure. He'll have to be 10x better defensively next season to be even considered below average. 

25 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I still think Ja and RJ are equal prospects. I would've taken RJ #2 before the Conley trade if the plan was to be competent this year.

They are. Everyone gets hyped on Ja because of the flashy numbers and athletic highlights but what kind of numbers would Barrett have put up against powerhouses like Austin Peay, Tennessee State, and Eastern Kentucky on a nightly basis? Look at the Florida State game, one of the only times he went up against a team full of NBA caliber length and athleticism. 

Archived