NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

I still don't really understand why there's so much RJ Barrett slander on this board but Ja Morant gets treated like a perfect prospect. He has as many holes/question marks as RJ but because he wasn't ever on TV and most have just seen the flashy highlights they think he's a flawless prospect. Out of sight/out of mind elevates prospects in the NBA draft more than any other league in the world. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

I'm speaking strictly in terms of strengths/weaknesses in their game, not mental makeup.

One of the biggest weaknesses in Wiggins game is his mental makeup. Dude is probably one of the top 10 most physically talented players in the league but he's a mental midget so he doesn't use his tools to be great. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

One of the biggest weaknesses in Wiggins game is his mental makeup. Dude is probably one of the top 10 most physically talented players in the league but he's a mental midget so he doesn't use his tools to be great. 

I'm talking about his ability/lack thereof to shoot 3s and his poor midrange game to boot while having solid length and athleticism.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The selfish tendencies are overblown, did he have some bad moments at Duke? Sure. But within the context of the team they're not as bad as they appear in the boxscore. Dude was carrying a bunch of non-scorer/shooting role players and had to take a high volume of shots for Duke to be competitive. You only gave one example of him being selfish and costing Duke a game, a tendency is a repeated action, not a one time occurency buddy. How much Sports Center have you watched this morning? 

I haven't watched sports center in years. Your attempt at deflecting is a sign that you don't have further analysis other than what you have now repeated three times even though I understood it the first time. Yes, context is needed. Sure, Duke lacked spacing and scoring options. That does not excuse some of the plays he's made. You're probably ignoring the Gonzaga game because it's an egregious example of someone literally chucking his team to a loss. However, if you'd like other examples EMU, Texas Tech, Syracuse and UNC are a nice place to start.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I'm talking about his ability/lack thereof to shoot 3s and his poor midrange game to boot while having solid length and athleticism.

Barrett doesn't have a poor mid-range game though and is able to get into the lane at will because of his footwork and Bball IQ.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

You have a very high opinion of Wiggins and his trade value. A veteran All-Star? Good lord.

I didn't say he had to be a multiyear NBA allstar. Plenty of 1 year guys or guys who hover in that area. 

DeRozan? Dragic? Josh Richardson? Gallinari? 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I haven't watched sports center in years. Your attempt at deflecting is a sign that you don't have further analysis other than what you have now repeated three times even though I understood it the first time. Yes, context is needed. Sure, Duke lacked spacing and scoring options. That does not excuse some of the plays he's made. You're probably ignoring the Gonzaga game because it's an egregious example of someone literally chucking his team to a loss. However, if you'd like other examples EMU, Texas Tech, Syracuse and UNC are a nice place to start.

He could've just deferred to Jack White and Tre Jones instead of being aggressive offensively. Great point. Go check some more boxscores and get back at me guy. And half the games he "chucked his team to a loss" Duke actually won... lmao.

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, nlesthought said:

I didn't say he had to be a multiyear NBA allstar. Plenty of 1 year guys or guys who hover in that area. 

DeRozan? Dragic? Josh Richardson? Gallinari? 

Are you attaching 1st round picks with Wiggins as well to get those guys? His contract makes him a salary dump, not an asset for a better player.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He could've just deferred to Jack White and Tre Jones instead of being aggressive offensively. Great point. Go check some more boxscores and get back at me guy. 

4th time repeating yourself. Nice job making your case.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

4th time repeating yourself. Nice job making your case.

You quote games that RJ chucked Duke to a loss where Duke actually won the game... Did he have selfish tendencies at times? Yes, I do agree. I don't think it will be an issue in the league when he has teammates capable of making open shots and more spacing to play his game. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Barrett doesn't have a poor mid-range game though and is able to get into the lane at will because of his footwork and Bball IQ.

As a shooter, his mid range game is lacking. His ability to get to the rim and ball handling is great.

I'm not saying that he's going to be bad, I'm just saying that he's a very good but flawed prospect. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just now, NYRaider said:

You quote games that RJ chucked Duke to a loss where Duke actually won the game... Did he have selfish tendencies at times? Yes, I do agree. I don't think it will be an issue in the league when he has teammates capable of making open shots and more spacing to play his game. 

You're misrepresenting what I said. He chucked Duke to a loss against Gonzaga. You said that's only one example. He showed other moments of selfishness in the other games listed. I didn't say he chucked those games to losses. You also seem to be conflating being aggressive and being reckless. I believe he has a tendency to be reckless. He's shown time and time again regardless of who is teammates are that he takes some dumb shots.

• Like 1