NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

36 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

You're misrepresenting what I said. He chucked Duke to a loss against Gonzaga. You said that's only one example. He showed other moments of selfishness in the other games listed. I didn't say he chucked those games to losses. You also seem to be conflating being aggressive and being reckless. I believe he has a tendency to be reckless. He's shown time and time again regardless of who is teammates are that he takes some dumb shots.

He has shown time and time again that regardless of who his teammates are he takes some dumb shots? When else have you seen him play? He was a killer in the EYBL, for Canada's U19 team, and at Montverde Academy. 

47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As a shooter, his mid range game is lacking. His ability to get to the rim and ball handling is great.

I'm not saying that he's going to be bad, I'm just saying that he's a very good but flawed prospect. Nothing more, nothing less.

Which is the same thing you can say about every single prospect in this class other than Zion. People treat Ja like a sure thing but he has as many question marks as RJ does entering the league. Will his shooting translate? Can he be efficient with the ball? Can he play defense, like at all?

23 minutes ago, coors said:

Hawks have got to figure out a way to move up and pair Trae with a potential star. Trade 8, 10, and all the others. Lets do this.

Unless you're getting Zion, tough to pair him with a potential star in this years class. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Unless you're getting Zion, tough to pair him with a potential star in this years class. 

Do not agree. RJ Barrett will be a star. He can get his own shot in today's NBA.

Morant I am not sold on yet. 

39 minutes ago, coors said:

Do not agree. RJ Barrett will be a star. He can get his own shot in today's NBA.

Morant I am not sold on yet. 

So he couldn't get his own shot consistently in college but he will in the NBA? He can't finish right, he's got an incredibly slow release so he can't shoot off the dribble and he even struggles to catch and shoot consistently.

He's going to be Evan Turner.

36 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

So he couldn't get his own shot consistently in college but he will in the NBA? He can't finish right, he's got an incredibly slow release so he can't shoot off the dribble and he even struggles to catch and shoot consistently.

He's going to be Evan Turner.

EVAN TURNER!? LMAOOOO.

He's 19 years old and just had one of the most productive seasons in college basketball history playing with a team of non-shooters/scorers and the worst spacing in major D1 college basketball. Teams legit just packed it in against Duke midway through the season and he was still getting into the lane at will. Turner never had the footwork or scoring instincts of Barrett and his shot should come around. Put some respeck on his name. 

I'd bet anything that he's a better pro than Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum. 

Remember @MookieMonstah Jayson Tatum didn't even really shoot the ball that well at Duke and then looked like a completely different player when he got to the league and actually had spacing. Barrett's game is built for the league, 6'7" wings that live in the lane, can create for others, rebound, and defend are in high demand. 

On the other end though you nut hugg Ja Morant. How many PG's with questionable shooting strokes, decision making, and absolutely zero defensive ability are thriving in the league right now? 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Not saying I agree with the comparison but Evan Turner was the #2 overall pick for a reason. He was a really good prospect. Maybe that wasn't a prospect comparison though.

Turner was a beast during his final season at Ohio State, much different prospect than Barrett though. 

• Like 1