NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Does anyone see McClung, that kid from Georgetown being an NBA prospect?

Someone said earlier this year that Mac was gonna be the first white player to average double digits points for a season for G'Town in like 40 years. But he is only averaging 6 PPG rn so that's not gonna happen this year.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Darius Garland out for the season with a torn meniscus. Gonna be interesting to see where he lands in the draft. Dont see him going back for another year.

It was already a very weak PG crop and this makes it even worse. If he looks good in his workouts he could still be a lottery pick. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It was already a very weak PG crop and this makes it even worse. If he looks good in his workouts he could still be a lottery pick. 

It's one reason why I expect Ja Morant to keep rising. He's pretty clearly the best of the bunch. He still has a ways to go as far as perimeter shooting but he's flashed enough that defenders cant just sit back on him. Honestly, he's my favorite prospect in this draft.

Edited by beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's one reason why I expect Ja Morant to keep rising. He's pretty clearly the best of the bunch. He still has a ways to go as far as perimeter shooting but he's flashed enough that defenders cant just sit back on him. Honestly, he's my favorite prospect in this draft.

Morant looks amazing this year. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep his production up through the course of the season, but right now he looks like a top 5 pick.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Morant looks amazing this year. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep his production up through the course of the season, but right now he looks like a top 5 pick.

The only knock on that kid is whether or not he can consistently hit from the perimeter. A lot more flawed PGs have gotten drafted high so there's no reason he couldn't. People can chastise me if they wanna but I'd take Morant over Barrett right now. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The only knock on that kid is whether or not he can consistently hit from the perimeter. A lot more flawed PGs have gotten drafted high so there's no reason he couldn't. People can chastise me if they wanna but I'd take Morant over Barrett right now. 

don't remember where I posted it, but saw RJ play in HS last winter and wrote how he really didn't impress me considering he was rated TOP HS player. So far he is doing what I thought he'd do..

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Right now I'd take Zion Williamson, Ja Morant, Cam Reddish, and Bol Bol over RJ Barrett.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Hold on. Admittedly I’m not all the way in on college basketball at this point in time but are people suggesting he may be the #8 prospect right now? Really? He just chucking right now?

He’s a lefty, more aggressive Wiggins. I’d rather take the upside of the others.

Barrett is coming into the league 15 years too late.