BlizzCon

showtime

9 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Rumors of huge announcement for a game that has not gotten a lot of love for a while.

Turns out it is a new mobile game that got outsourced to another developer...

Ugh. Like everyone else, I was looking forward to D4. But I would have been okay with a remaster or D2 or even just an update to D3.

ugh. 

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm not sure what happened.  At first he was really normal and smooth, but after they showed that mobile cinematic he froze up.  The guy was just standing there for moments not saying anything, stumbling over words, etc.  That guy is a fixture in the Diablo community and he loves the game.  Maybe he knows and can feel the feedback from a crap product.

With that said, I'm probably going to get the mobile game whenever it releases.  I almost never play mobile games, but I'm such a huge Diablo fan.  I noticed no Witch Doctor shown at all, which is disappointing.

Could be him feeling the crowd's disappointment or it could have been a teleprompter screw up.

22 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

This was a terrible decision to announce at Blizzcon. This is an event for hardcore gamers. The mobile market is not for that. Really bad move IMO and a disservice to people waiting for something super hyper. Better announce this ahead of the event and announce literally nothing during Blizzcon. There was no SC2 announcement, and it's not as big a deal as the piss on the grave Diablo got lol

Agreed.  It's even worse because a few months ago, one of the lead community manager that works for Blizzard announced that there was big news they may announce 'later in the year'.  A lot of people began to get hyped over a Diablo 4 announcment and then even a D2 remaster.  But this.... ugh.

Just now, Mossburg said:

Rumors of huge announcement for a game that has not gotten a lot of love for a while.

Turns out it is a new mobile game that got outsourced to another developer...

Yup, and to make matters worse, Blizzard then tried to cover up the fervent backlash by removing dislikes and disparaging comments from the gameplay reveal trailers. 

This is EA "don't like it, don't buy it" levels of PR suicide. 

On 11/4/2018 at 2:09 PM, showtime said:

13k likes and almost 400k dislikes on the trailer for Diablo Immortal.  I've never seen that huge of a negative margin before.  Holy cow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF3UTkCoxY

593k likes , 3.7m dislikes

COD : Infinite Warfare .... but yeah, that margin is even larger. Unbelievable

Archived