Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I don't know what to believe. I watch Seahawks games and watch Geno Smith make completions look easy. I watch Texans games and watch Stroud make completions look easy.

Then I turn on Ravens games and every throw from Lamar has a receiver diving for everything while wide open and every pass play from Lamar looks rushed, unscripted and generally chaotic.

And then I watch Harbaugh say Lamar is our most consistent player on offense and I think to myself maybe I just don't know ball? Maybe that's the way the offense is designed? Maybe every pass play should look difficult?

I don't know. All I know is that it's frustrating as hell to watch, given the talent we have.

I was at the game yesterday in by far the best seats i’ve ever had (200 club level - super close to all the action) and it was jarring how inaccurate Lamar’s passes were through most of that game. Even a bunch of the completions were behind guys/off target taking any sort of YAC opportunity off the table 

Anyone else thinking maybe we sucked in part because starters didn't really get preseason reps? Might just be my rose colored glasses but I still think we are a top 3-5 AFC team that will be great in the second half of the season once Orr gets some experience calling plays and hopefully the o-line starts playing better.

1 hour ago, jpeter15 said:

Anyone else thinking maybe we sucked in part because starters didn't really get preseason reps? Might just be my rose colored glasses but I still think we are a top 3-5 AFC team that will be great in the second half of the season once Orr gets some experience calling plays and hopefully the o-line starts playing better.

Without question. They lost to the Browns, Colts, Steelers, Chiefs and mostly obliterated everyone else last year. This team can beat anyone in the league and win every game the rest of the way if they want to.

Edited by BareYourTeeth

The right side needs to be RG Cleveland, RT Rosengarten. Give them as many reps as possible and hope they improve.

I can't believe the plan was to dump Zeitler (who is only earning $6 mil btw) and move Faalele into that spot. If they knew Cleveland could play RG, it would make sense to let Zeitler go. But they way they did things is imbecilic. Faalele's body simply does not move fast enough to play in the NFL.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2024 at 11:47 AM, jpeter15 said:

Just piling on to this, but the reason some of our players didn't get reps is because the coaching staff thought they should be filling in with other positions to fill for injuries rather than getting reps at their designed position.

This is specifically for Ben Cleveland, who spent most of TC at C/LG instead of at RG competing against Daniel Faalele. He confirmed this today after Harbaugh said previously to reporters that if Ben had outplayed Faalele in camp, he would've been the starter. Well, you can't exactly outplay someone at RG if you're primarily playing Center because Linderbaum is injured and the coaching staff didn't think they should be playing someone else there...

So, you know, we're just out here doing great things!