Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Hope PQ enjoys playing losing football for the fans that mocked Mo Gabba to farm engagement. Great choice. 

I hope he also enjoys missing out on the postseason or just playing for a team that generally has no Superbowl aspirations an considers making the wildcard to be the greatest accomplishment a team could make.

• Like 1

Some remaining names(not including our own like Clowney & Zeitler) that could be fun additions:

- Tyron Smith

- Marquise Brown

- Chase Young

- Mekhi Becton

- Calais Campbell

Henry was obviously our big name splash so I wouldn't expect much else, the draft will be our reload mechanism once again.

18 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Is the Ravens FO just waiting until after June 1 to sign any UFA to max out our comp picks in 2025?

Probably for a couple guys, but they likely have some targets they're willing to pursue now.

On 3/14/2024 at 2:54 PM, DreamKid said:

Some remaining names(not including our own like Clowney & Zeitler) that could be fun additions:

- Tyron Smith

- Marquise Brown

- Chase Young

- Mekhi Becton

- Calais Campbell

Henry was obviously our big name splash so I wouldn't expect much else, the draft will be our reload mechanism once again.

Would love Calais to come back. Would also not be mad at Chase Young but I feel like he's more name than production. Give me KVN back if anything.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The ironic part is that Marcus Peters, from all the guys I know who went to school with him at UW, is one of the biggest idiots on the planet as well lol

The league is probably 90% idiot, if we're being honest. Coaches included. 

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

The league is probably 90% idiot, if we're being honest. Coaches included. 

I thought that too, but it's not true. Every guy I met when I was in Vegas was SUPER awesome and intelligent, except Darrell Taylor but it's well known he's also not the brightest guy.

There are a lot of idiots in the NFL but I think most of them are pretty well spoken dudes who are capable of not bricking an ice cream cone in their GM's office when they're about to get told they've been traded lol

17 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There are a lot of idiots in the NFL but I think most of them are pretty well spoken dudes who are capable of not bricking an ice cream cone in their GM's office when they're about to get told they've been traded lol

To be fair, if Kenny Young was a great player this would be considered a testament to how fun of a character he is. What's that saying "If you're poor and crazy you're weird but if you're rich and crazy you're eccentric", something like that. Perception of players off the field in this league often comes down to their ability on the field. If they weren't HOF players the actions and personalities of guys like Deion Sanders, Rob Gronkowski, etc would be perceived a lot differently.  

It is funny though that BOTH of the UCLA players we drafted in 2018 got in trouble for throwing things 😂. Jordan Lasley when he chucked that ball into the pond and now Kenny Young for ice cream in Decosta's office. 

• Like 1