Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Best case scenario is that Anthony Weaver is hired by the Commanders as their HC IMO. We would obtain the two 3rd round picks for the loss and we’ve got some other talent along our defensive coaching staff.

4 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'll be okay if Mike MacDonald leaves, but if he poaches Anthony Weaver or Chuck Smith I'm gonna be pissed.

Agreed about Chuck Smith. Would prefer Weaver become a HC with the Commanders. There’s only so long you can be a “great leader of men” on a staff and not actually get a shot.

If Weaver leaves then we can promote Hewitt to assistant HC, Wilson to DC, and Orr to run game coordinator to try and keep all the rest of the guys in house.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Dolphins are gaming the system a bit by poaching Anthony Weaver. He's most likely a one year rental that will end up getting them multiple comp picks when he gets hired as a HC next cycle.  

I think the Rooney rule makes it so you’ve got to be there for 2 years now IIRC. But yeah, I’m pissed about Weaver leaving only for us to not get a comp when we’ve lost multiple coaches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I feel bad for Chargers fans having to become the new Ravens fans in justifying Greg Roman being hired as an OC. They have no idea what they're about to be in for.

I don’t feel bad. Lamar Jackson was able to win the MVP with Roman and Greg has legitimately led one of the greatest offenses in NFL history.

So if Jim has a better handle on the passing game with his pass game coordinator scheming the right depths and areas for guys to be in… or if Herbert as advanced in the league as he currently is, is able to overcome those challenges and put guys in the correct position from a pass game perspective with audibles and hot routes and what have you, Roman can be an elite OC.

Lamar has shown the blueprint as to what Roman can accomplish with an elite talent. If Herbert isn’t able to reach MVP heights within the Greg Roman offense than I think that says more about him than it does Roman.

Lamar made it work for 36 pass touchdowns, leading the league. Sure maybe Herbert never tosses for 5,000 yds again, but can a QB put up well over 40 passing TDs in a Roman offense if they aren’t playing in only 13.5 games worth of minutes or if they’ve got elite caliber weapons at their disposal? I don’t see why not. Lamar did it and he’s a running back, so absolutely no excuses from these “real QBs” out there.

• 1 month later...