Brit Pack

Zachary Jacobson‏ (otherwise known as @Packerraymond on a different forum):

Since we’re playing this game: -

Pro Bowl (2016)
Second-team All-Pro (2016)
26 years old
Never missed a game in five years
Beneficial to Wisconsin communities.

The Packers should sign Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

:)

More banter about Collins:

Nagler:

I understand some of the reservations some people have about Landon Collins game.
I also think they are going a bit overboard with their criticisms. Again, don't tell me what he can't do. Tell me what he can do.
Pettine would love (and highlight) what he can do.

47 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Another safety available. Albeit an older one who has hinted at retirement 

Oh man I love him. I'll never forget the one pro bowl when everyone was like asleep in the field and he just started lighting people up and they started getting a little pissed and actually tried to play football for a while after

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We're going to miss out on everybody in free agency.  

I mean, they are going to bargain shop.  It's just that if you're looking at "best free agent lists" scroll down a bit to find guys GB might actually land.  Nobody's taking less money to play in Green Bay, it's closer to the opposite.

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We're going to miss out on everybody in free agency.  

We should be able to grab the Tre Boston's of the world, but we'll be looking to replace them in 2 years and no one should be surprised. 

NY Daily News:

On Tuesday, Giants GM Dave Gettleman let Collins, 25, walk out the door into free agency with no franchise tag, no discussion on a long-term deal, and no return other than a potential third-round-or-so compensatory draft pick in 2020.

This does not make the Giants better in 2019

Collins has undergone surgery twice in the last year: last spring for a broken right forearm and this December for a partially torn labrum in his left shoulder. He played through the shoulder pain in Week 13 in Chicago before missing the rest of the Giants’ 5-11 season.

Maybe that was a factor in the Giants not wanting to sign Collins long-term. They definitely did not feel he was good enough in pass coverage to warrant big money at the strong safety position. So that’s why they didn’t even use the $11.15 million franchise tag for 2019.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

May be clickbait, but it makes me giddy to see Za'Darius' name.

Why is it clickbait? Cohen is usually reliable but I don’t have athletic subscription.

loveto read this:

Cohen reports the Packers would like to bring in “multiple” edge rushers this offseason.”

Archived