2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Updated NFL Cuts List. (Green is Packers active involvement)

Offense
QB -  Mike Glennon, Blake Bortles
RB -  Carlos Hyde,  Daniel Lasco, Alex Collins
FB -  
TE -  Dwayne Allen, Dion Sims, Darren Fells, Jermaine Gresham
OL - Jeremy Parnell,  TJ Lang, Ted Larsen, Garry Gillam, Mike Remmers, Ryan Schraeder, Josh Sitton
WR -  Darren Andrews, Demaryius Thomas, Bruce Ellington, Michael Crabtree, Daniel Williams, Danny Amendola

Defense
S -  Tashaun Gipson, Darian Stewart, Eric Weddle, Johnathan Cyprien, Glover Quinn, Kurt Coleman,  Chris Margos, Antoine BethaJahleel Addae
CB - Kevin Johnson, Captain Munnerlyn, Nevin Lawson
ILB -  Jamie Collins,  Mark Barron, Josh Bynes, Nicholas Grigsby, Trevor Bates, Zach Brown
OLB -  Sam Acho, Connor Barwin, Andrew Trumbetti, Justin Houston, Nick Perry
DL - Malik Jackson, Andre Branch, Vinnie Curry, Stacy McGee

ST - Carson Tinker (LS),  Kai Forbath (K), Bryan Anger (P)

10 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Yeah the way I do it is only count the salaries of the first two round guys because round 3 and beyond are so low that they'll be comparable to guys that will get cut. So that's about 6.1M with our two 1s and our 2.

and then you could safely remove another 1.5 million because those three guys will each replace a player getting paid roughly 500k. Thanks!

Hoping Za'Darius 2019 cap hit is low so we can bring back Breeland. 18.5 Roughly remaining

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Not designating Perry as a June 1 sort of signals that they are done spending big money, I guess.

Not necessarily, they can cut Tramon and still re-structure Linsely or re-structure/release Crosby, but it does indicate that anything else that occurs will be on the margins, which was probably to be expected given the space we're at now.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

With two edges in free agency.  Fackrell and some really nice draft capital, that price has to be near league minimum for me to want him back.

I totally disagree.  he'd be a top 6-7 player on the defense as a versatile player in an anthony barr role.

14 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Not necessarily, they can cut Tramon and still re-structure Linsely or re-structure/release Crosby, but it does indicate that anything else that occurs will be on the margins, which was probably to be expected given the space we're at now.

what would've happened if they used the post june 1st thing? i don't really get that 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

what would've happened if they used the post june 1st thing? i don't really get that 

All that would happen was that the dead money would be spread out over two years instead of charging it this year.  So you'd have more money this year and less next year.  Instead they chose to have more next year and less this year.

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

His dead cap gets split between 2019 and 2020 after June 1st. Up until June 1st, his cap hit remains on the books. You do it to free up cap space for extensions during the season or to sign cut FA. GB doesn't have any extensions to sign this year so I think just taking the full hit in 2019 makes the most sense.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

All that would happen was that the dead money would be spread out over two years instead of charging it this year.  So you'd have more money this year and less next year.  Instead they chose to have more next year and less this year.

oh.. good, i prefer that i guess. 

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

When do you think it makes the most sense to extend Clark?

The extension would probably start in 2020. I think this is an important factor to consider when analyzing Perry's situation. Take the hit in 2019, clear his space for 2020 and use that space to help extend Kenny Clark. I want this done ASAP (so offseason 2019-20). He's an absolute stud.

Archived