Norman: Feels like our true fans are on the road

naptownskinsfan

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I was watching the SNF game last night and saw both Wentz and Prescott throwing the ball more than 20 yards downfield on regular occasions. I thought that it was kind of pretty, watching those rainbows.

But wait...I've been told that Alex throws it down the field just as much as any other QB.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

But wait...I've been told that Alex throws it down the field just as much as any other QB.

Huh ... must be my imagination then. Because I could swear I only see that happen maybe twice a game or so for the Redskins. Must be getting old.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

:Raises hand:

Anything can happen... as long as we score first ;).

If the ayoffsplay were today, the following other teams would be in:

• New Orleans
  • Los Angeles Rams
  • Chicago Bears
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Minnesota Vikings

Besides perhaps the Panthers (who have already played the Redskins, but even there, I'm not all that confident they couldn't score first), do we truly believe those other teams will not score first? Do we truly believe the "won't give up a lead" thing won't break should the Redskins play one of those teams?

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

If the ayoffsplay were today, the following other teams would be in:

• New Orleans
  • Los Angeles Rams
  • Chicago Bears
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Minnesota Vikings

Besides perhaps the Panthers (who have already played the Redskins, but even there, I'm not all that confident they couldn't score first), do we truly believe those other teams will not score first? Do we truly believe the "won't give up a lead" thing won't break should the Redskins play one of those teams?

Depends on if we get the ball first or not.  I'd put it at 70/30 that if we get the ball first, we will score first.  And I'd put it at 0/100 that we'd win if we didn't score first. 

16 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Depends on if we get the ball first or not.  I'd put it at 70/30 that if we get the ball first, we will score first.  And I'd put it at 0/100 that we'd win if we didn't score first. 

Given that Gruden likes to defer when he wins the toss, I wouldn't count on getting the ball first.

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Not if we run into a high scoring offense.  We've already seen in the Colts and Saints games that we can't keep up.  

Dont forget the Falcons.  And the recipe is simple.  Scheme to get your RB out of the backfield covered by Mason Foster.  Spread the defense out.  Then, use crosses over the middle once they are spread out and run up the YAC.  Then you can go to town on the Redskins and be able to run the ball in space.  

Get to the Playoffs & anything can happen.

Throw records, schemes, matchups & even injuries out the window.

It's about momentum & luck.

That's why I don't care if we have the easiest schedule remaining in the NFL.

That our Offense is ranked 75th out of 32 teams. Lol

That Kevin James is our LT, Adam Sandler is our LG & Rob Schneider is our RG.

We still have D-Block, AP, a new addition in Ha-Ha & a cat name Bibbs. A very opportunistic Defense that somehow makes plays, when they need to.

Hey, if Nick Foles can win a SB then lets be serious. Anything CAN happen!

Archived